Chapter 8

'Tony, slow down!' Bri squealed as he weaved between cars.

They finally came to a halt outside Tegan's coffee shop. Bri looked at Tony who simply smiled and got out of the car.

'What are we doing here?' She asked as she met him in front of the door.

'I do my research before I hire someone and I saw that you like this place.' He said placing a hand on her back and leading her into the shop.

She couldn't handle how much she admired this action. He was being really sweet and Bri didn't appreciate it considering she was having a mental argument. She walked into the shop and took her regular seat. Wanda, the other morning worker when Tegan wasn't here, came up to take their order.

'Mr Stark? In our little coffee shop? It's amazing to have you Mr Stark.' Wanda said happily.

Tony smiled at the elderly woman and submitted their order. He wasn't kidding when he said he did his research because he ordered her regular meal perfectly. Wanda came back a moment later with their coffees.

'Thanks for this, Tony.' Bri finally said.

He genuinely smiled at her and took her hand from across the table. Was this his way of trying to prove that he didn't have his eyes on an women but Bri or was he just charming her like he did with all the ladies?

'You two are a lovely couple by the way.' Wanda said as she placed their plates infront of them.

Bri turned scarlet but Tony didn't hesitate.

'Thank you very much.' He said with a wink to the woman before she walked away, fanning herself.

'Bri, I'm not the way the news makes me out to be.' He whispered as they indulged in their food.

She looked up and met his brown eyes that looked soft and sad. Maybe she was wrong about him being able to get every woman he wanted.

'I'm sorry about what I said.' She replied.

'It's not like you've heard anything good about me. The tabloids make me out to be a heartless billionaire and don't even get me started on Rogers.'

Bri felt her emotions doing a flip flop and she was finally sure about how she felt about Tony. When they finished their breakfast she grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers. He looked shocked at first but returned to his natural calmness within seconds. Once they were in the car Bri knew what she needed to say.

'I think that maybe we should go out some time, Tony.' She said shyly.

'We've already had three dates though.' He said smirking.

She looked up at him and matched his smirk. He was right. Their lunch date, movie night and breakfast all added up to dates if he chose to count them.

'I'd love to go on more with you though.' He said taking her hand back in his.

She smiled big and played with his manly fingers until they were back at Stark tower.

*

'If you're really worried I'll go by and ask Tony if he's seen her.' Steve said as he tried to calm Tegan down.

'I know she's fine but it's so unlike her to not even text.' Tegan said leaning her head on Steve's shoulder.

He sighed and got up pulling Tegan with him.

'Where are we going?' She asked.

'On a motorcycle ride.' He said with an exciting glint in his eyes.

Tegan smiled at him before running past him and grabbing her jacket.

'You're pretty slow for a superhero.' She said smirking as she swung the door open and ran towards his bike.

He grabbed his jacket and hurriedly pulled it on before running after her. They hopped on and were off to Stark tower. Hopefully Bri was there and out of trouble.