Chapter 25

'How do I look?' Tony asked Steve as he straightened his skinny tie.

Tonight was the big night. Bri could either become Mrs Stark or break Tony's heart once again.

'You look great Stark.' Steve said smiling.

Tony took a deep breathe before he left to meet Bri. Tegan had insisted that she get ready at Steve's house so Tegan could make sure she looked perfect.

'She'll say yes, don't worry.' Steve reassured.

Tony got in the elevator and went over everything in his head once more. He drove to Steve's house and was taken back at how beautiful Bri looked in her dress.

'You look breathtaking, as always.' He said giving her a kiss.

She blushed and got into the car.

'Where are we going?' She asked curiously.

'It's a surprise.' Tony said grinning slightly.

Bri noticed he seemed more nervous than usual but didn't think much of it. They arrived at a place that Bri didn't recognize so when Tony lead her to the dark room she felt slightly nervous.

'Tony-' She said gripping his hand tightly.

Just as she was frozen with fear a spot light turned on and fairy lights appeared revealing an elegant dance floor and stage. Bri squinted to see the person who had just walked on stage and covered her mouth in excitement.

'You didn't!' She said turning to Tony.

Tony smiled at her and led her closer to the stage. Billy Joel sat behind a grand piano smiling at them.

'Hello, Miss De Mel.' He said.

Bri waved awkwardly and felt herself blushing. Billy was her favorite singer and being this close to him felt surreal.

'Let's dance.' Tony said taking her hand and leading her onto the dance floor once the music started playing.

She smiled up at him while they danced to her second favorite song; Piano Man. Tony felt his heart beating faster and faster as the songs carried on. What if he chickened out?

'This will be my last song of the evening.' Billy said.

Tony felt like his heart was going to burst out of his chest.

'I hope he plays She's Always a Woman to Me.' Bri said happily.

Tony couldn't help but smile when he saw her reaction to the opening notes. Bri leaned her head against his chest as they danced to their song. Tony realized that she could probably hear how fast his heart was beating when he decided to calm down. Why was he so nervous? He loved her and wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. Once the last chorus started he decided to make his move he let go of her and dug in his pocket. She watched confused until he pulled the ring out of his pocket and went on one knee. She covered her mouth and felt tears of joy welling in her eyes. Tony cleared his throat before he spoke and opened the velvet box.

'Bri De Mel, where do I even start? You came into my life not to long ago but you've changed me for the better. I've become a better man since I've met you and you've allowed me to realized what love really feels like. You're the most amazing, beautiful and smart woman I know and I would be honored if you would make me the happiest man alive and become my wife.'

Bri looked down at him and nodded. He got up and hugged her tightly before kissing her passionately. His shaky hands put the ring onto her finger and she kissed him again. Wiping her tears away he realized that he had let a few fall from his eyes. He didn't bother to wipe them away because he didn't care, he was the happiest man alive at the moment and nothing could change that.