Chapter IV

I locked my office behind me and walked down and out to the parking garage, and there stood Demi next to her car.
"Come on, let's go." She eagerly opened the door to the passenger side and I sat down. She closed the door and got into the drivers side. She started the car and began to drive to the dinner location, to which I didn't know.
"I'm glad you're back," she broke the silence as we pulled into the parking lot of a local restaurant.
     "Thanks Demi," I said as I went to put my hand on the door.
      The sudden click of the locks said other wise as Demi came around and opened my door. I rolled my eyes and got out, "old times sake?" She shrugged.
    We went into the restaurant and soon were seated, "this will never be like old times, Demi." I almost spat at her angrily.
     "Kaylie, I'm not trying to bring up the past. I know it will never be the same," she sighed as the waitress came around.

~

We both ate in silence.

     "What kind of story line were you thinking?" Demi asked wiping her mouth with a cloth napkin.
      "I'm sure you've heard the rumors Demi," I said looking at her.
       Her eyes glanced to the side with a shrug, "well how do we want to start this?"
  "How am I supposed to know? You aren't exactly soft in the ring." My eyes looked down at my silver utensils.
    "Oi..my protective side comes out over you," she suggested. I raised an eyebrow and looked back up at her.
     "Not bad, but Vince wants drama. Judgment day drama," I noticed Demi watching my every move, observing me.
     "Your best friend is my worst enemy, both in and out of the ring. And you don't seem to get along with Dominic much," she brushed her black hair behind her ear.
"It's not that I don't like him, you just went with that story line over the one everyone wanted," I stated coldly.

~

We went back to the car and Demi turned to me. "Kaylie, I'm sorry. I didn't know that it meant that much to you," her hand went to reach for mine.
"Demi Rose Bennett, you lost your fucking mind if you think that. I cared for you a whole lot more that I should have at the time, I even thought we could have been more that what we were," I spat at her.
Her hand retracted and she drove back to the garage where my car was parked. "Let me fix this please," she sighed before I got out of the car.
"Demi, business only. Nothing more, I'm not letting you in again."

~

I walked into work the next day wearing a leather skirt and a button up, my hair neatly curled, with red heels. There was a meeting in the ring for all the wrestlers, myself included.
I walked in and sat with Charlotte of course, and she moved to hold my hand, which I accepted. "It feels so good to have you down here with me again," she smiled squeezing my hand.
I smiled back and met eyes with Demi, and the rest of Judgment day. Finn was whispering something to Dom and Demi but she was more focused on my hand in Char's.
"Alright! Everyone quiet!" Paul shouted making everyone shut up. "Welcome back Kaylie, I'm so excited to see you back with everything we have planned" he winked at me, and everyone clapped.
"Anyways, this Friday! Judgment day, you already know the drill. Make.it.interesting." Demi fist bumped her team as attention went back to Paul. "Kaylie, you have a match with Morgan. Let's get you back into the swing of things Vampyer Kaos. Bliss, and Flair match. Edge, and Mysterio, and headliners you know what the night will look like." I sighed and winked at Liv.
"Ripley, I need you at your most manic." Were the last words Paul said before dismissing everyone to their daily routines.
"I wonder what that means," Char said confused and still holding my hand.
"I'm not too sure myself," Liv added as we all got up, disconnecting my hand from Char's.
"Paul and Vince have something up their sleeves and I have a feeling I'm not going to enjoy it," I laughed slightly looking over at Rhea.
"Oohhh, do you think it has to do with you and miss Ripley?" Liv asked wiggling her eye brows. Charlotte did not like that motion and smacked her arm.
"Business only Liv, remember? I'm not building this one back up from a heart break that didn't really exist," Charlotte added.

"What do you mean you're ending our story line?" I asked Rhea clearly upset.
"Judgment day is important to me Kaylie, and you're holding me back. The so called story we have doesn't matter anymore," her tone was cold.
"I really thought you cared about me Ripley!" The cameras began to crowd around us.
"I care for no one, including you Kaos!"

I shook my past thoughts from my mind as I excused myself and went to my office.

Demi Bennett

"I enjoyed dinner with you again."

"It was nice."

I sighed and looked up at the old gear in the display, then my new gear placed neatly beside it.
I am not falling apart like I did before, I'm in control.