Chapter 25

"The audacity!" Rhea growled as we went inside the gorilla. I sighed and looked over to Finn and Damian, they both had this angry look on their faces.
"It's over now Rhea," I said trying to break the tension.
"Over? This is far from over Kaylie, I can promise you that," she gripped my shoulders to make eye contact with me. "She is coming after you with everything she has, over us," she said with a slight pain to her voice. Dom placed a hand on her shoulder out of comfort, his eyes gave me a sweet look of reassurance in the process.
"It's been a long night Rhea, it's time to get changed and get some rest," Dom said softly. Rhea let me go and huffed in defeat, her body finally relaxing.
"I'm not going to let them just push her around like that, especially in the state she is in," we all walked to the dressing rooms and they quickly changed while I waited outside for Rhea to be finished. My gazed focused on my hands as they fiddled with one another, trying to keep my mind of off things. Was this all because of our relationship? Would things be different if I just ended things? What if I walked away, would things be easier for everyone?
Questions ran through my mind, thoughts and feelings I've felt many times but not this intense. What if I walked away from WWE as a whole, and just forget my life here ever existed. Would that make things better? I stopped playing with my hands and walked down the hallways, passing my office and straight to the parking garage. The night was in full effect, nothing but over head lights illuminated the garage. The sound of my footsteps echoed on the smooth concrete below, my mind racing with every single step.
Would things be better off if I broke things off with Rhea? That single thought echoed in my mind like a drum, and each beat it became louder. Would it even matter to her if I did? I found myself near the edge of the garage looking over the city we resided, the street lights and billboards burning into my eyes as the wind blew.
"Why are you out here all alone?" Someone asked pulling me from my thoughts, I turned to see Edge approach me.
"Why would it matter to you?" I asked clearly lacing my words with venom. He smirked and came closer with each breath I took, until he was about a foot from my body.
"Just take the easy way out, and this will all be over," his voice echoed swiftly through the walls. He knew what was going on in my head, I wonder if it was their goal.