Chapter 20

I groaned getting up the next morning, my back ached in all spots. I managed to carry myself to my kitchen where I poured myself a glass of water and downed the whole glass. I went to my medicine cabinet and pulled out some ibuprofen, which I took quickly to ease my pain.

Demi Bennet ❤️

"How are you feeling?"

"Like absolute shit, can you come over?"

"Already here love."

She walked through my door as soon as she sent that text. She made her way over to me and lifted the back of my shirt, "holy shit, I really don't think you need to be up."
"I'm fine, I promise," I groaned walking to the couch to lay down.
"Just stay there. I will take care of everything," she said now looking around my kitchen.
"I already took something," I said scrolling on my phone.
    "Well then, I guess I'm useless," she said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and set my phone down to lean back on the couch more.
    "And I'm out of commission," I laughed as she made her way over to my recliner to sit down.
    "You took a good beating," Rhea said rocking back and forth in the recliner. "Your back was a low blow."
    "Well, you would have done the same thing," I said slowly sitting up to look at her.
     "Yeah I would have, but being brutal is my thing. I'm the eradicator," she looked over at me with a straight face.
     "Well, ever since you two have gone at it-"
     "You mean our rivalry?"
      "Yeah that, anyways she has been turning into this ruthless monster," I said finishing my sentence.
     "Speaking of that, since you are now on the judgment day," her eyes trailed off and I raised my eyebrow.
     "What about it?" I asked.
     "You kinda have to act the part. Being ruthless and brutal, I would let all of that go but you're now our leader," Rhea said leaning forward to rest her elbows on her legs.
    "And?"
     "You have to be different. No more apologies, no more bubbly smiles, you really have to be a vampire," she seemed pretty serious about all of this so I listened.
     "More blood and biting?" I asked, making her nod a yes. "Word."
     "Word?"
     "It means okay."

~

     Rhea ended up inviting the guys over to hang out, which I was fine with, as long as they didn't make a huge mess. "Let me see your back," Finn said as I leaned over and lifted my shirt. "Oh lord, does it hurt?"
    "Obviously," I said pulling my shirt back down still sitting on the couch.
"Well, we still need to have your welcome party!" Damian chirped with a smirk on his face.
"Yeah sure mix alcohol with pain meds, smart," I added sarcastically.
"It's ibuprofen, what could possibly happen?" Rhea added with a smirk. Damian clapped his hands together and picked up his phone smirking at the device.
     "It will help with the pain," Dom added with a slight smirk.
     "Fine, Tequila." I groaned making Dom go wide eyed. "I'm Hispanic you ass."
     "I didn't know that."