Chapter VI

I laid in my bed for what felt like hours, unable to take my mind off of what occurred less than three hours ago.

Demi Bennett

"Are you awake?" I texted first for once.

"I am now, are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine, but did you mean what you said?"

It felt like time took forever after I sent that simple question. I sat up in my bed and stretched out my arms.

"I did. I meant it all. Now will you please talk to me?"

    I sighed and went to my kitchen for a glass of water, allowing the cool liquid to quench my thirst.

"Fuck it, I'm coming over."

    My eyes went wide and I almost spit out my water, what would Charlotte think if she found out?

~

    I opened the door for Demi and she stepped inside, "wow I guess you have changed," she laughed looking around at my apartment.
    "Being a director pays pretty well," I said directing her to sit on the couch.
     "I meant everything I said Kay, Dom needed me and things just...escalated I guess," she sighed as I sat down in a recliner across from her.
    "It still doesn't change things Demi," I looked at her directly. "You broke my heart, that you didn't even know you had," I said it for the first time out loud.
    "What do you mean? I thought you stopped talking to me over a work related issue?" She looked shocked.
    "Exactly, you were so focused on your job that you didn't care to see that the one person who had your back even in NXT, was in love with you." I suddenly stood up, my voice was gradually getting louder with frustration. "You threw me away for Dom and Judgment day, and then you threw away Edge. Maybe I should ally with him."
    "You wouldn't dare," she spat standing up herself to face me.
     "Why do you care? Because all you have shown me is that you don't. You didn't even visit me once in my office, let alone in the hospital." Her face softened and she sat down.
     "If you join Edge, I will make sure you regret that choice. Judgment day will make you join one way or another," she sneered at my direction.
     "Jeez Demi, you take this too seriously! It's just a story!" I snapped.
     "No it's not! Judgment day was never scripted, all the betrayal and moves we made. We're purely ours!"
    I stared at her, realizing that even my betrayal was not scripted. "So, you chose willingly to drop me?" I asked sitting back down.
   "That was while Edge was in charge, trust me I didn't want to do that. But he felt it was best for our whole story," her eyes looked down at the floor. "If I could have another chance it fix what I have broken I would," her eyes looked back up at me.
"You were given plenty Demi," I sighed. She stood up and fell to her knees before me.
"I'm on my knees, please. I don't beg for anyone," her hands fell on my thighs. "I know I could have anyone I want-"
"You think I don't know that?" I asked with a slight smirk, I didn't realize it, but I had the Rhea Ripley on her knees begging for my forgiveness outside of the ring. "What will happen if I join Edge, or even better, find a love interest that isn't you anymore?" I asked leaning forward now inches from her face.
Her expression went cold, "I will make sure you know who had your heart to begin with, because if I had known I did, I wouldn't have done what I did."

~

Monday rolled around quickly, and after Demi left I had a smirk plastered on my face. She noticed it as soon as I walked in.
Charlotte was in the common area with Liv and Bliss, so I went and sat with them. "Someone is in a good mood," Char said pulling me in for a slight side hug.
"I think I'm going to join Edge, but no one needs to know," I smirked speaking softly.
"Now that will add some drama to the mix," Bliss laughed slightly.
"You know Rhea will not like that," Liv added motioning to her with Judgment day.
"But it will keep her emotions in check," Char smiled. "Edge will make sure no one will step to her, like he did on Judgment day to begin with."
Soon enough Edge came rolling in and I took notice of this as he walked to the back mens locker room. I quickly jumped up to trail behind him, "Edge!" I shouted grabbing his attention.
"Oh hey?" He asked slightly confused that it was me speaking to him.
"Tonight, I want to do something big and I need your help with it," his curiosity rose. "You want to get back at Judgement day?" I asked now leaning on the locker room entrance.
"You have my attention Kaos," he smirked, "what is it that you had in mind?"
"The Eclipse, a group you and I create. We will be the immortal few," I said clearly putting some thought into the idea.
"Okay, I like it. But other than us, who would be included?"
"I'm not sure, but it's a start," I added.
"I'm in, we can talk more about it later. But this starts tonight at RAW," he smirked. I turned and walked away nothing Demi walking past me with a blank look.

"This is going to be interesting."