Chapter 8

The Goddess walked into the gorilla hugging all of us, "you guys did so good out there!"
"Thanks," I smiled hugging her back, Dakota still was holding my waist as we all let go.
"Thank you Dakota for joining us in our little group." Edge chuckled motioning to her hand on my waist, I moved to the side so she would let me go.
"I'm honored to be part of this team, and I hope we can work more closely together Kaylie," she added with a wink. I sighed and turned back to watch the screen with Judgment day, and Rhea was out of it.
"Vampyer, I know you can hear me! I will make sure with everything in me, it's me you stand by! I will put my blood, sweat, and tears into making you see that it's me!"

~

Demi Bennett

"Really? Kai AND Edge?"

"Okay, game on Kaylie. But I promise you, in the end. I will win."

~

I went to work the next day avoiding everyone, but Charlotte popped up next to me. "Heyo Kaylie, awesome show last night," she smiled as I walked to my office.
"Thank you, I had fun," I smiled opening my office door to find Dakota looking out of my window.
"Oh, I didn't expect you to be in here," I said surprised she was in my office. Charlotte smirked and walked off winking at me as I closed the door behind me.
"Well, I figured since we are now working together, I would come by and speak to you," she said sitting down in the chair in front of my desk. I walked to my chair and turned on my computer.
"What is it you wanted to speak about?" I asked setting my elbows on my desk, with my hands resting under my chin.
"Well obviously, our characters are meant to have some chemistry. When are you planning on turning me like Edge?" I looked at her confused, my body leaned back in my chair and my arms crossed over my chest.
"Well, the Eclipse is about being immortal. And now Edge and you are those things, but I am not," she crossed her legs.
"It's not that easy, darling." I smirked making her smirk back. "You have to prove yourself not only to Edge, but to me. Queen of the Nightmare."
She nodded and walked out of my office, and none other than Rhea Ripley followed behind her. "We need to talk Vampyer," she smirked closing the door behind her.
"What is it Rhea?" I asked now looking at my computer.
"Fucking Edge? Dakota?" She slammed her hands on my desk. "The story is with us! Not them!"
"I suggest you calm down," I stated looking up at her tall stature.
"Or what? You will have me suspended? This is game on Kaylie, and in the end it is going to be me," she pointed her finger at me and I stood up leaning over my desk inches from her face.
"I am giving you the chance to prove yourself to me, not only as Rhea Ripley, but as Demi Bennet," I spat.
"I don't need or want that chance Kaylie-"
"YOU BEGGED FOR IT! YOU ARE NO DIFFERENT THAN BEFORE DEMI! FUCK YOU!" I shouted making her cower down in the chair before my desk.
"That's not-"
"I FUCKING CARED FOR YOU!"
She looked so scared in that chair, for once someone scared Ripley out of her mind. I walked around the desk and opened my office door. "Maybe I should give Dakota a chance, both in and out of the ring," Rhea looked completely defeated but closed the door, staying in my office.
"I'm not leaving Kaylie, not this time," she grabbed both of my hands and fell to her knees. "Please, let me prove things to you." I pulled my hands from her and stepped back.
"Actions speak louder than words Demi," she stood back up and left on her own leisure.
"I promise I will show you."

~

Charlotte and I decided to go out to a bar from dinner after work, both of us perched on a bar stool drinking.
"So, you're telling me she won't back off?" Char asked stirring her drink.
"No, she keeps going on and on. It's just like in the ring, I think she can't spilt work from reality," I laughed slightly.
"The Edge and Dakota thing was a good move, they will keep you in check when keeping life and work separate," she patted my thigh and continued to drink her drink.
"What if she does prove to me that she really care-"
"No Kaylie, not as long as you are a wrestler or even a director. You can't mix work with someone like her, she will shatter you into a million pieces," Char sighed as I almost chugged my drink.
"You're right, someone like her isn't going to take care-"
"The young woman across the bar wanted you to have this," the bartender slid me a drink and pointed to none other than Dakota Kai.
"What about her?" Charlotte nudged my arm suggesting that I date her.
"I don't think I plan on dating anymore," I sighed waving a thank you for the drink and stirring it.
"You need to forget about Demi, she isn't going to change."

~

"Sales are booming Kaylie! You coming back was the best idea!" Vince said over the phone.
"Thank you for allowing me to come back, but what is it you wanted to talk about?" I asked tapping my pen against my desk.
"Yes, I need you for a promo shoot. We need to update your headshots and everything. The Royal Rumble and all of that are coming up, oh and you have a match this Friday with Dominic Mysterio."
"Say that again? And intergender match with Dom?"
"Yes, the tension is amazing. You taking Rhea away, and not even making a move on her, but moving on. It's perfect!"
I sighed and began to draw on a blank note pad, "I'm assuming Rhea will think it's over her?"
"Exactly, but Dakota will come out and keep her away from you and all of that. But I have to go." And he hung up the call.
I sighed and leaned back in my chair, I guess I have to schedule those promos.