Intro (Guardian of Heaven)

They say that when you meet your soulmate all of your past lives flash in front of your eyes, so how come I don't even want to hold his hand and I have only seen some meaningless scraps of memories, thought Jimin staring at the lit up windows in t...

They say that when you meet your soulmate all of your past lives flash in front of your eyes, so how come I don't even want to hold his hand and I have only seen some meaningless scraps of memories, thought Jimin staring at the lit up windows in the block of flats on the other side of the road in Namjoon's neighborhood.

"The tea will be cold," Namjoon walked into the room spreading the cards on the small round table carefully.

Being 47 Namjoon was still single, living in that small apartment with his two cats. The self made wool caps and cardigans he was always wearing were adding up to his image of an eccentric, not even starting about his fortune telling skills. He had clients though, many enough to pay the bills and afford some humble living.

"I don't want tea, I want answers," Jimin sighed combing his fingers through his dark hair.

Namjoon has been a dear friend he had met on the market down the street three years ago, one who had great knowledge about the future and soulmates, and back then Jimin was dying to meet his. Now he was eighteen, junior at college majoring in contemporary dance, so wasn't it way to early to meet the love of his life, especially as it was anything but how he has pictured it.

"What happened?" Namjoon sat down across him lying out some cards for him to choose.

"I had seen myself, I had been with a guy in all my past lives. I'm into a guy now... a different one..."

"Is it the answer you are longing for?" Asked Namjoon buffed.

"No, freaking listen. I had seen some scraps of images, no whole story nothing."

"I agree that this is unusual, but maybe some soulmate's memories are indifferent. One is for sure it is your twentieth life, so the decisive one which will distinguish whether you will stay with your soulmate through eternity or continue as a single person," Namjoon's gaze was serious when an unpleasant shiver ran down Jimin's spine.

"I'd rather stay single," he muttered.

"Shouldn't you be with your soulmate right now?"

"Is it what has happened to you, have you missed out on your soulmate during the twentieth life?" Asked Jimin ignoring the question.

Namjoon's forehead wrinkled from frowning.

"Pick a Card," he said impatiently.

Jimin sighed lifting one, flipping it to see the Guardian of Heaven with the Concha shell in his hand, his insides crumbling as that card has always remained him of his idol crush, the most handsome and probably most famous man on Earth, Jeon Jungkook.

"Ah..." Jimin sighed hiding his face in his hands. "Can't you just throw this card away?"

"There is a reason why you're always picking it," Namjoon's voice stayed deadly serious.

"A reason yes! A freaking reason! Three days ago in the history of art classroom I had bumped into a guy and I freaking saw my past lives!"

"Jimin you've meet your soulmate, when people do they burst from happiness and celebrate."

"Celebrate? Yes! Celebrate what? Today he has held my hand during break but I didn't feel a single thing. Nothing. Not even the tiniest butterfly. When Yoongi found Farsaya they couldn't unglue from each other for days, the still can't. Same with my parents and any other soulmates I've met, but it's not the case with me. Why?"

Namjoon sighed again putting the cursed card aside flipping some others.

"Tell me something about him, your soulmate."

"He says his nam is Kim Taehyung, he is weird and nerdy, wears sandals in winter and has a fluffy dog. The dog is cute though."

"Good that at least the dog is cute," Namjoon chuckled.

"Namjoon can a person have two soulmates?" Whispered Jimin looking at the card he was always calling Jungkook's card.

"Jimin," Namjoon put his hand on his palm caressing it. "It's time to accept your faith and let your soulmate in."

Jimin's stomach flipped, his insides like cut with a knife when tears rolled down his face.

"I refuse to..." his chin was trembling.

"Jungkook definitely also has a soulmate out th..."

"Stop! I thought you're my friend, but you're like the others willing to break me! This is my card! I'm always drawing it so it has meaning, it has to have! He is my only soulmate!" Jimin took the card raising it towards Namjoon then throwing on the table before grabbing his jacket and running out.

He slammed the door heavily leaning against a wall in the corridor breaking out into sobs. No, it couldn't be, if Taehyung was his soulmate did it mean there was someone out there designated for Jungkook. If yes Jimin was sure his heart won't survive that.

Thank you so much for the huge support on the intro of the story

Thank you so much for the huge support on the intro of the story. I'm so excited to share this one with you. What are your thoughts so far?

Much <3