19.

"Jimin are you sure you don't want to come down for dinner?" Mum opened his bedroom door slightly

"I'm not hungry," he muttered pulling the duvet tighter over himself.

He hasn't been at school, not really leaving his room, mostly crying, sulking around, listening to his heartbreak songs playlist on replay. It was evening now, tomorrow Jungkook was performing on the huge award show in the US, but he wasn't invited anymore.

"I will leave a portion for you in the kitchen," mum sighed before closing the door, so Jimin moved in bed reaching for the phone clicking the playlist on.

Had he never agreed to dance for Jungkook... now all he had were those few memories of fascinating moments between them, soft and heated kisses, holding hands.

I just like your taste, Jungkook's words came back messing him up so deeply he sniffed again, but the sound of the doorbell disturbed the quietness of the house. Definitely Sam's friends coming over to watch movies and lead their endless girls' talks. Maybe today he could join them to forget his bleeding heart.

There was a knock to his door and he sighed stopping the music.

"Yes?"

"Jimin, you have a guest," mum put her head through the door.

"A guest?" He asked buffed, but she opened the door further and he saw Seokjin stepping into his tiny bedroom.

"Hello Jimin," Jungkook's manager spoke glancing around awkwardly.

"Um... Sir, what are you doing here?" Jimin's heart double jumped.

"The question is what are you doing here, our plane leaves in an hour and a half," Seokjin crossed his arms.

"Plane?" Jimin couldn't find his voice back.

"You have signed a contract to perform at the award tomorrow, have you forgotten?"

"Um... I've thought Jungkook had fired me."

"He has never mentioned you're fired," Seokjin was watching him seriously.

"But... I mean, there are plenty of dancers who can master the routine till the performance tomorrow night."

"I'm perfectly aware of that, but it seems to me that Jungkook wants you to dance with him."

Jimin's insides flipped dangerously at that statement.

"Um... so, but I'm not even packed."
"You have roughly 15 minutes to get ready, I'm waiting in the car," Seokjin rolled his eyes leaving the room when Jimin caught mum's curious gaze on himself.

"I need to pack!" He yelled jumping off the bed running around the room unsure what to put his hands into.

"I'll help you," mum stormed towards the wardrobe to find his backpack and suitcase.

They were working swiftly getting some clothes and toiletries with his most important belongings together.

"I think this will be enough," mum helped him to zip the suitcase up about ten minutes later.

"I don't know if I have it all," Jimin sighed gazing around the room.

"Don't worry, you will be fine," she caressed his arm. "I'm so proud of you, you will steal the show."

"Mum," he protested.

"Can I ask you one thing?" She muttered catching his gaze so he nodded quickly. "Is Jungkook your soulmate?"

"Mum! That's! I need to go, I'm late," he said avoiding her eyes taking the suitcase to carry it downstairs where Seokjin was speaking to his father and Sam.

"Here he is!" Seokjin raised his brows.

"Son, good luck," dad squeezed his hand.

"You will be amazing," Sam hugged him tightly so he only nodded muttering a quick bye before following Seokjin outside towards the waiting company van. Mum ran behind him to hand him the backpack and rub his arm assuringly. The company workers hid his suitcase in the trunk when he hugged mum briefly then entered the van. Was he really here, driving off in the middle of the night to travel half of the world and dance on the biggest stage with his idol crush tomorrow. "And if, isn't it still something to die for, to spend at least a few moments with the one you truly love?" His best friend's words came back so vividly.

It's totally worth it, whispered Jimin in his head chuckling to himself.

There was a total craziness going on at the terminal, a crowd of paparazzi and fans Jimin has never before experienced live, so he was left with a company assistant to quietly slip through the airport far from that mess. His heart uneasy, as he had no idea how Jungkook will react to seeing him. There was a bus taking him and the assistant towards the waiting plane, between a crowd of tourists, who were discussing their travel plans.

Soon he was climbing the stairs into the plane to be greeted by the flight attendant.

"This way sir," the young woman smiled leading him towards a first class seat he has never expected, especially as there was Jungkook making himself comfortable at the seat opposite the aisle. His dark eyes rested on Jimin briefly but he quickly looked away putting the headphones on.

Great! This will be damn long flight, thought Jimin sinking on his seat putting the backpack down to rumble through it and get his phone and tablet out. If Jungkook had decided to ignore him, he will do exactly the same. Ignore.

"Sir, would you like anything from our menu or bar for the start," the same flight attendant came back to present him the menus. "I will come back to you shortly after we take off."

"Um, thanks," Jimin had no idea what to say so he only took the menus studying them quickly.
Jungkook was sitting sideways to him facing the window as if he wasn't existing while the plane was being prepared to take off.

This will be a damn long flight, Jimin sighed loudly taking his earphones to play some music and forget the sudden challenge, the unknown he was about to face, the man of his dreams just an aisle away, the hole in his heart.

"So, how is it?" Sam was video calling, she has woken him up totally forgetting the time zones.

"Great," Jimin yawned pulling the bathrobe over himself to stumble out of the bed. "I have a suite like some superstar, had a first class seat right next to him, have a view over whole Manhattan, see," he switched the phone camera to show her the impressive panorama from the hotel apartment, he couldn't call it a room as it had three. Who the hell was paying for that for a simple backup dancer, Hype? Jungkook?

 Who the hell was paying for that for a simple backup dancer, Hype? Jungkook?

Thank you so much for all your kind support. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. What do you think about Jin getting Jimin to fly with them and perform? How will his time in New York look like?

Much <3