Chapter 4

^ above,alpha Joshua,alpha Crescent Moon Pack. Alpha Seungcheol's twin brother.
.
.
.
.
.
Joshua and Seungcheol sat at the round table with some of their closest friends. Woozi cackled, "What exactly is your reason for doing this?"

"Well,since we're now allies,we have their best interests at heart. We feel they haven't had enough training and in case of an attack they'll be very vulnerable," Joshua answered maturely.

"Joshua,that doesn't even sound like you,that sounds like something Cheol would say," Vernon stated blankly.

"Hey hey,just coz I'm the laid back one doesn't mean I can't get all serious . We just had their best interests at heart. "

"You know if this got to the Board of Wolves we'd get in trouble. It's not something light," Seungkwan said worriedly.

"Well it won't,so are you guys in or not?" . Seungcheol was starting to get a little frustrated.

"You know I live for the thrill let's do this!!"came Dk's excitement.
.
.
.

The morning at Luminai was going routinely and most of the pack members were still asleep. Given the rager they'd thrown they'd be in bed for a while.

Jeonghan awoke because of instinct. He felt like something wasn't right. He opened the door to his chambers only to be mind linked by Mingyu at that exact moment.

"Han,I think we're under attack!"

"That's impossible,what pack would do that?"

"May I remind you of what lies beneath us. Gems!!"

"I'll get backup." Jeonghan linked the commanders about the situation. An emergency evacuation for the pack members was in progress. They'd get on the boats and sail away.

Jeonghan saw the wolves. Something felt off. Right now the pack members just needed to leave. It wouldn't be that hard coz their pack wasn't that big. They had to keep these wolves distracted as the evacuation happened.

Mingyu, Jeonghan,Dino ,the commanders and a few other wolves formed a barrier. He turned on the left to see one of the wolves making it's way towards a mother and her baby.

"No!" He screamed running towards it and shifting midway. He jumped onto the wolf's back throwing it off. He was about to bite it's neck and be done with it when he remembered how weird this whole situation was.

They fought off most of the wolves,injuring a few. Jeonghan twisted a paw but he'd do it again anytime for his pack. Eventually they were outnumbered. There was no other option.

He linked Mingyu, "Alpha should we yield? This is going nowhere"

It hurt Mingyu's pride. He had to think it through before linking back, "Yeah I think we should-"

The attacking wolves began to shift back. Realization dawned upon Jeonghan and Mingyu. They shifted back too.

"Alpha Seungcheol, Alpha Joshua? You attacked us?!" Mingyu questioned angrily.

"It was a drill,we were doing this to check up on how safe you'd be in case of an attack?"

"Refresh my memory but a drill is usually planned. Mutually!! This was an ambush!" Jeonghan exclaimed.

"We didn't mean to harm anyone that's why we didn't kill and barely attacked," Seungcheol assured them in a calm demeanor.

"Plus if we'd warned you we wouldn't have gotten these desired results,aka your defense is shit. "

Jeonghan turned to the wolf that had just spoken. He was short but had a sturdy build. Sharp tongue,wonderful, Jeonghan thought to himself.

"Your coordination is great though,I'm sure the pack would've arrived to safety safe and sound," a cheerful man spoke up.

It was too early to be that happy.

"What he's trying to say is your not badly off but from our contract we'd train you if need be,and clearly there's a need. Can we discuss the details when we're all less tense? Please?"