Chapter 27

Jeonghan's POV

Before I could even register what I was doing,my palm was on Marcellus' cheek.

"Oh the nerve of you to even show up here!!"

Marcellus bit the inside of his cheek before smirking, "Babe,last I remember,you were the one into this whole pain play."

I was seething.

"Leave this place Marcellus. What do you even want?!"

"I want my mate," he growled as he grabbed me at the waist, I'm sure his fingers would bruise.

"No one gets to have what only I have," he whispered,my arms pinned above my head. I was going to melt,my body wasn't supposed to be reacting to his touch.

Gathering all the strength in me,I pushed him off me as hard as possible,only making him stumble a little.

"You better be out of this place in 24 hours,or else my mates will get rid of you!"

I could see the anger in his eyes,his wolf almost taking over,and his struggle to hold himself back.

"Are you still that stupid Starfire? You really trust these people? I'll just have you know that your face isn't the only familiar one around here. You better be careful,he that kills the king is always within the courtyard. "

And then he disappeared within a blink. I was stuck on the fact that my face wasn't the only familiar one.

That meant Marcellus had an accomplice within. A mole.

I sighed. This had just gotten one hundred times more complicated.

I had to figure this out one step at a time.

"Jeonghan,"

I turned around to be met by Mingyu's eyes.

"Hyung are you ok?"

I laughed it off, "Ofcourse I am Mingyu."

"I know I'm younger than you but with all due respect,I'm your alpha and I can tell when one of my members isn't ok. Let's talk about it?"

As we settled onto a bench,I just began talking.

"This is...this is all a mess Mingyu. There's too much happening and I'm sure that it all has something to do with Marcellus and I'm trying to connect all of it. To make it make sense but I- I can't .

And then there's..... Seungcheol and Joshua. They aren't going to understand this Gyu. They c-couldn't even meet my eyes. They're so hurt and it's my fault. And now they think the reason we haven't completed the mating process is because of Marcellus."

Mingyu hummed in understanding, "Well is it?"

That question threw me off guard. I didn't want to answer it. Didn't even want to think about it. But why? I didn't have feelings for Marcellus anymore. I was more than attracted to Seungcheol and Joshua. What was holding me back.

"I'll go talk to them Mingyu. I need them to know the truth."

I moved so fast I was bouncing on the balls of my feet.

Opening the doors of the alpha's wing I rushed to the black double doors.

When I opened them,I found both alphas looking disheveled as ever. Joshua was sat at his desk,shirt half unbuttoned and Seungcheol couldn't stop pacing.

"Guys I can explain,this isn't what it looks like."

"Oh don't worry about it Jeonghan,I'd pick hydrokinesis too," Seungcheol muttered as he referenced Marcellus'powers.

"You cannot seriously be drawing conclusions right now,"  I hated how my voice cracked at the end.

"You weren't going to tell us about him,were you?"

"Oh come on,that's exactly what I was trying to say before he barged in!"

They both just looked at me like I'd grown a second head. Their eyes spoke volumes that their lips didn't utter. I didn't want to lose them,I had to act fast.

"I'm sorry,I should've told you sooner. "

"Is this why we aren't fully mated yet Han?"

I opened my mouth to reply a tad bit too late and Seungcheol cut in,

"Yeah,that's what I thought. I think it's best if we sort this out in a rational way with no emotional involvement. We regroup tomorrow and get a solution."

And then they both walked out. Where were they even going this was their wing!! They really didn't want to see me.
.
.
.
A/n : Let's blame the inconsistency on school. I hope everyone is doing ok though.

Xo.