Chapter 17

The air wafting around Crescent Moon was cold. Seungcheol could feel it as soon as he stepped out of the car.

"Oh so they finally return"

Seungcheol turned around to the cold stares from the pack members. They immediately rushed to the office,the pair each lost in their own thoughts.

Wonwoo came in looking a bit frustrated.

"Walk us through what's going on Wonwoo," Joshua requested.

"Things aren't looking great you guys. The pack members feel abandoned by both of you hence a not very warm welcome,"

"We have to win them back some way," Joshua commented.

"Well how exactly do you plan on doing that?"

"I don't know,some sort of bonding activity."

Seungcheol scoffed, "bonding?"

"Yes what's our pack known for? Combat. We could have like some sort of duel or some competitions!"

"You still wouldn't have answered their questions Joshua. They're humans they're gonna want answers."

"Well then we have like a conference where we answer their questions."

Seungcheol sighed, "It's worth a try."

Later on in the evening the common area of the packhouse was full to the brim.

"Seungcheol relax,it's going to be ok,we can do this," Joshua comforted his twin brother.

"Ok. Well how do you think things are on Jeonghan's side. Do you think they're ok? I mean mingyu-"

"Relax,Cheol I'm starting to think you have separation anxiety. Let's get through this first and after that I promise we'll call him up."

Finally they were stood Infront of their pack.

"Before anyone says anything we have something to say. We would like to apologize for forsaking our duties as alphas of this pack," Joshua begun.

"It wasn't right to do because you are our family and we hope to do better in future. Now of you have any questions to ask,please go ahead," Seungcheol concluded.

"What exactly kept you from coming back home?"

"Well we went to do some training with Luminai as well as finishing off the prior agreement regarding the mineral operations we'll be carrying out," Joshua answered swiftly.

"Are you sure it's not because you found a mate? Coz that's what we heard!!"

"We assure you that wasn't an influencing factor in our delay," Seungcheol said lying through his teeth.

Truthfully speaking it had been one of the factors because the duo found themselves increasingly not wanting to be away from their angel,Jeonghan.

"Our pack family comes first," he continued. That one was the true.

The questions kept filtering in.

"This kind of neglect can't be accepted. I think maybe it's time we chose a different leader!"

The remark had come from somewhere in the crowd and they couldn't point out who.

"That decision has to be collectively made by the pack. And we all know the procedures for that to occur. So if that's how you all feel then feel free to follow protocol," Seungcheol answered calmly.

It was dead silent,no one dared to speak. Seungcheol was scary at times.

"Anyways,we were thinking of having an event. A combat one at that. There will be dueling,hand to hand and all other kinds,ofcourse in moderation. Since we take pride in being one of the strongest packs we saw this theme would be suitable."

Hollers rang throughout the common area. Crescent Moon was excited.

"And you can even get to duel Alpha Seungcheol yay," Joshua added ignoring his brother's glare.

It's not like anyone would but it was worth giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Joshua held his brother's hand.

"See,piece of cake."

Seungcheol smiled. Now he was going to talk to his angel. Entering their office they started to get comfortable in their seats when Seungcheol caught sight of something on his phone.

Challenge accepted. I hope to meet you both very soon.
-M

"Do you think they're talking about the- "

"Yeah,I think you've got a challenger."
.
.
.
.
.
A/n: Double update because my device got a little issue(fell and the screen's all cracked and needs replacement) and updating won't be easy but I hope to fix it soon.

Also,red hair Jeonghan might make a comeback??? I'm here for it all day every day!!

Please check out my other fanfiction Dear devotion. It is a stand alone JunHao short story.

Vote, comment and share 🖤