Chapter 12

Above,Hoshi, one of the pack commanders.
.
.
.
.
.

Fwoop! Jeonghan watched as the ball went through the hoop.

"Someone's really good at this."

He turned to look at the two alphas. He didn't need to see them,not right now. He knew he couldn't avoid them forever but they just seemed to have terrible timing.

"Been at it for a few years,the skill came with practice."

Something was wrong with Jeonghan,the alphas could tell. Usually he had some smart quirky reply for whatever they had to say. His answer had too much logic and that was their first red flag.

"Hey,do you want to talk?" Joshua questioned slowly.

"I don't want to say something I'll end up regretting."

Clang!

The ball missed the hoop.

"Well...try us. I'm sure we can handle it."

Jeonghan actually was considering it after hearing Seungcheol's words. But no. He was the kind that dealt with problems on his own. And besides,this too would pass eventually.

"I'll be fine soon,I don't want to worry the both of you,I'm sure you have alpha duties to get back to."

Clang!

Another miss.

"Hate to break it to you Han but the basketball is like a dead giveaway that something's bothering you. "

Jeonghan threw it down, sitting on the ground. The two started at him confused. He looked up at them?

"You wanna know? Take a seat. Or are you two alphas too righteous to be caught sitting on the floor?"

"Do not put as in that position. It's most uncomfortable. We're all ears baby."

Jeonghan turned to Joshua, "baby?"

His cheeks burned.

"Well umm haha....that's a line from a song,it's not like I actually...meant tha-"

"Oh so I'm not good enough to be your baby?"

Seungcheol stepped in.

"No...that's not what he meant!! He was trying to -"

"Relax,I'm kidding," Jeonghan smiled.

The former visibly tense alpha duo relaxed.

"I'm the beta of this pack, basically I handle a lot of the members' welfare. Your stay here has been great and I must say it's been very enjoyable. As expected there is a growth of chemistry between a few members. I'm concerned about them. I don't want them getting hurt."

"Is that what's been bothering your pretty little head? I don't think you need to worry Jeonghan," Joshua replied.

"The concern for them is plausible and they're lucky to have someone like you. But Han,it's their decision to make. You have to let them decide on their own.

Whether or not to take the risk is their decision Hanny. And I Know partly it's because you will miss them if they choose to go. But family remains family...forever."

Jeonghan thought on Seungcheol's words.

"Thankyou, that was really nice to hear. I thought I'd be scolded for being too emotional."

There was a comfortable silence for a while.

"Are we not going to talk about that night?" Seungcheol asked. Jeonghan flushed immediately.

"There's nothing to talk about."

"Oh,I beg to differ. Let's just say you make the prettiest sounds Jeonghan," Joshua smirked as he spoke.

"Oh the eye rolls," Seungcheol laughed.

"Shut up!!" Jeonghan looked away embarrassed.

"When's the next appointment Han. I need your intoxication."

"In due time,trust the timing," was the simple reply.

A sweater was wrapped around Jeonghan.

"You get cold easy,you need this more than me,"

Jeonghan melted. True gentlemen. He stared at the rain outside the indoor court. Two arms,each from one of the alphas snaked around his torso.

They watched the rain.

"Everything will be ok,and we aren't planning of leaving anytime soon.
.
.
.
.
.
A/n: Hey guys. Appreciate the love being shown. So far so smooth. The drama is coming!!!

Guys the April comeback!! I'm excited.

Let's talk ships. Any favorite ships within seventeen?

Do check out my other fanfiction Dear devotion. It's out now!!

Vote, comment and share 🖤