Chapter 16

"Equilibria!"

"What?"

Everyone in the room turned to look at Wonwoo. Wonwoo suddenly got nervous because of all the attention he was getting.

"You can speak up Wonwoo. Whatever you have to say might be helpful. You do want to help Mingyu right?"

"Well,yeah I do. So well-umm,when I spoke with Minghao the other day he told me about equilibria. It's like the gem of balance of sorts? And there's like a reserve of some in the middle of the pack grounds right? So what if....."

.......someone tampered with it and it's the cause for unrest," Jeonghan finished Wonwoo's assessment.

The little group rushed out to the middle of the pack grounds.

Equilibria was a beautiful gem,a deep blue like the ocean. It stood bright like a diamond in the middle of the pack grounds atop a huge pillar.

"Climbing up there looks pretty impossible. It looks quite high," Seungcheol commented.

"We're werewolves Seungcheol,we can do things that ordinary human beings can't," Woozi retorted to his alpha.

"Equilibria looks fine to me,still shining it's brightest," Joshua noted.

"Well,I umm- I'm sorry,that was a waste of time for all of us," Wonwoo sulked.

"It's ok Wonwoo,your just trying to help," Jeonghan comforted.

As they walked back into the pack house, Jeonghan turned back to the equilibria diamond. It looked ok. They were running out of options here.

Back to brainstorming, everyone was tense. Joshua had sent over a picture of the dead she-wolf and was waiting on feedback.

Mingyu suddenly turned in his sleep alerting everyone.

As soon as he opened his eyes he was met by a number of pairs staring at him.

"Why are you all up in my face?"

They all stared. Mingyu looked fine,well rested even.

"Is nobody going to answer me? Jeonghan hyung what's happening and why are all of you here?"

"Mingyu are you feeling better? We were worried sick," Wonwoo questioned.

"Was I not feeling well before? I'm a little confused guys."

"Mingyu do you remember what happened today morning?"

"Something happened today morning? Oh right! We had practice. We did sparring today right?"

The others exchanged looks with each other. Mingyu had no recollection of what had transpired a few hours ago. Whatever was controlling him had a way to erase his memory.

Jeonghan could feel his tummy twist. This wasn't good.

"Mingyu,we found a body at the pack border,would you like to come examine it as the alpha? It seems to be a she-wolf that had gone rogue," Dino said giving him a brief run through of what had happened.

"I'll be with you shortly." And then they left him to get ready.

Once in the lobby of the packhouse, awaiting Mingyu's arrival, Jeonghan grabbed something small to eat.

He felt the presence of the two alphas behind him.

"Right on time,I'd been waiting to talk to the both of you."

"Is it about Mingyu?" Joshua pried.

"Far from it,it's about you. I don't think you should stay here."

"Han we already told you we-"

"Please let me finish Cheol. Whatever is happening is an attack on my pack. You do not need to be involved in this. We'll work through it as a pack,you need to go home."

"Right now we're here to give you all the support you need."

"What about the care of your pack members. They last saw their alphas three months ago. Don't you think they need you more?"

The twin alphas sighed. There was truth in Jeonghan's words.
.
"But if something happens to you Han-,"Seungcheol started to whine.

"Leaders adapt and sacrifice. They're meant to serve. Don't let the enemy use the vulnerability of you being here to take over Crescent Moon. We'll be ok," Jeonghan said firmly.

Sighing in defeat the alphas began to retreat. Wow Jeonghan thought.
.
.
.
.
A/n: Well well,weekend update.

Qotc: Favorite b-side track?

Like,comment and share 🖤