Chapter 14

The trainings at Luminai had gone on for a few months now. Seungcheol and Joshua thought they were probably ready now. They'd gotten closer to Jeonghan and the chemistry between the other members had grown too. It would be sad to leave.

They'd watched a movie with Jeonghan the previous day and had fallen asleep in each other's arms.

Jeonghan woke up with a jolt. He sat up abruptly. This had the twin alphas on either side of him stir.

"Is something wrong? Why'd you jolt?"

"I just-"

Jeonghan heard a crash. He dashed out of the room. There was a broken vase in the middle of the the lobby.

Mingyu was seething with anger. "You know I don't like it that way!!" he barked out.

"I'm sorry a-alpha, I-"

"Get out of my sight!"

Jeonghan was a little stunned to speak. After Mingyu's episode he had been a little off. They'd brushed it off at first as just maybe a personality change but him shouting at a pack member,that wasn't Mingyu. He wasn't the volatile kind.

"Mingyu was that necessary."

"You stay out of this Jeonghan! You think you know everything."

Jeonghan was a little hurt but didn't take it personally because something was wrong.

Just then Minghao stormed out with a crying Junhui following him.

"Minghao please don't be like that. I just thought-"

"Well you thought wrong and I don't want to see your face...ever."

Jun fell to his knees, "You don't mean that Minghao,you can't be ending us because o-of..."

Minghao stormed out of the pack house. If started to rain. By that time Jun was hysterical. He's going to walk out in the rain and he's gonna get s-sick. I have to.."

There was a cold gust of wind and it made Jeonghan shiver and not in a good way. He turned to see if the twin alphas were behind him but apparently not.

The fighting kept happening,it was a mystery. He handled pack relations and pack members kept coming to him all day long.

Even dokyeom was mad that day. The outburst of emotions was scary.

"Jeonghan are you ok? There's been umm...quite a series of events today," Joshua asked silently.

Jeonghan couldn't speak,it didn't make sense. His mind was jumbled.

He turned to the two alphas, "Don't follow me."

As he walked out the two tried to call but he turned a deaf ear. Eventually he started to run,and then he shifted into his wolf form. It had been long since he went for a run. He went as fast as his four feet could carry him.

"Angel, everything is a little strange now. Something is wrong with Mingyu,and I'm starting to worry it'll affect the stability of the pack," he said to his wolf.

"Is there any interconnection between all that has happened lately?" Angel asked.

"Tensions have been high in the pack,not just today. A lot of petty fights that have even gotten unnecessary physical,maybe-"

Jeonghan turned sharply to the left, he'd heard a crunch. Someone was here. Another wolf. Not a pack member,he could smell.

Lightly stepping he tried to find it.  Bingo. He faced the wolf's back. He ran towards it and by the time it'd turned it was too late. Jeonghan pressed firmly on it's neck.

His eyes started to glow. Yield now. The wolf was resistant but the more Jeonghan pressed on it's neck the more submissive it became.

The wolf shifted into a red haired girl,Jeonghan shifted back too.

"Who are you and why are you trespassing into Luminai territory?"

She was silent for a minute,then in a swift motion she grabbed the dagger inside her boot and stabbed herself to death.

Jeonghan froze. The she-wolf had committed suicide. Was that a much better option for her than answering some of the questions he had.

He thought of what to do but stopped when he saw the tattoo on her wrist. A crescent moon.

He opened his link to contact the wolves on patrol at the border when he received a mind link.

"Beta Jeonghan I think you need to get back to the pack. It's Mingyu," Dokyeom had linked him.

A/n: Oh yay,a female character finally...she dies.

Weekly update.

Can't get Woozi dancing ditto at caratland out of my head.

Vote, comment and share 🖤