Chapter 24

"What is it that you said you saw Mingyu?"

"Blue eyes"

Some years ago
🔅

"Somebody finally decided to grace us with his presence."

Jeonghan fell on the grass in exhaustion as he stared at his friends, "Sorry guys,my dad wanted me to ummm...help with some stuff. What's the agenda for the day?"

"Break into the pack's wine cellar. You know who's on duty today? Old man Han,he's basically your namesake,that old hag should be a little nice and give us some of the drink" Beom laughed.

"I hate to break it to you but we're werewolves Sherlock,what's the point of drinking if we're not gonna get wasted?" Jeonghan asked,a little embarrassed by the speech of his friend.

A light hand held Jeonghan's forearm making him flinch a little and look into the pair of icy blue eyes, "It's better than being sober,at least then we don't feel the weight burden us as much."

Jeonghan touched the necklace around his neck and looked down his eyes watering a bit at the thoughts that surfaced at those words.

His friends let out hollers and cute noises as they puckered their lips at the two. Jeonghan rolled his eyes a little but that didn't make the slight pink tint that dusted his cheeks disappear.

"You two lovebirds can do that later,we have to get back from the cellars in time for an evening swim," Geonu whined.

Jeonghan rolled his eyes as he watched his friends race ahead. This little crew of friends was notorious and well known at that. He was glad he was at least the level headed one. That didn't paint him as a complete saint though,he had a wild streak in him too.

Breaking into the wine cellar was a piece of cake for them given the strength and agility of a tenaage werewolf and after stealing three bottles of wine that had been fermented for a few thousand years or so they set off for the little lake they'd discovered together.

Bandit lake,they'd called it. A stupid name that somehow had stuck and for a while he watched his friends in the water. He eventually joined in on the fun,and was floating atop the water when he heard a voice.

"They're fading,werewolf healing. It's the only way the others can't tell you know,you do a pretty darn good job at hiding it."

Icy blue eyes,home. Was home.

He scanned the lake,his other companions had seemed to vanish into thin air,he was too wrapped up in his thoughts to notice.

He didn't reply because he really had nothing to say to that.

"I promise I'll get you out of there, he'll never do this to you."

Sweet words,a pattern the tongue was familiar with. And he danced along to the tunes. He got out alright. But walked right into a bigger trap.

He remembered the first night he heard those words.

"Take them off."

"What?"

"Did I stutter Hanny? Now,time is moving fast,tick tock," he said walking towards Jeonghan.

It's ok he thought,this was ok,he was doing this because he loved him. He'd never hurt him.

But even plastic has an stretch limit,and soon enough he got there, eventually. And when he'd had enough he  decided  he'd had enough.

He walked out, and walked and walked,bones and bruises. Every few seconds he'd look back,and when he saw that no one followed,a sense of relief flooded him.