Chapter 2: Shane's Group

~.~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~.~.~ Chapter 2~.~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~.~.~

The taller man had an overwhelmed look on his face, but it was quickly replaced with that same smirk. I looked for my gun but I saw that it was under the man’s boot. Pure rage took over as I charged towards the man, my fists balled up in anger. I stopped in front of him and let my fist fly straight across his face. Shocked by my sudden actions, the man took a step back, only to be stopped by a tree.

I landed another punch across his face before I felt him grab my wrists. He gripped my wrists tightly, too tight. I let out a cry of pain as he threw me to the ground. I heard him chuckle again as he wiped away the blood that poured from his nose.

“Would ya’ look at tha’, Daryl,” the taller man said, pointing to me. Daryl. He must be the man with the crossbow. “The bitch tried to punch me!” he said, laughing. I tried to get back up, but then I felt him kick me in my sides. I fell back to the ground, and looked towards Danny. He was curled up into a ball, covering his face with his hands.

Daryl looked at me, and then to the taller man’s face, which has blood pouring from nose. “Uh, bro, she did punch you. Twice,” Daryl said. He said bro so I assume they are brothers. They do look somewhat similar. I looked for my gun again, and I saw that it was no longer under his foot. It was next to him. I went to reach for it while the brothers were distracted with the fact that I punched him. The taller man stomped onto my wrist, making me squeak in pain.

“Get off me!” I screamed, using my other hand to reach in my pocket. I wish I had my brother’s gun, but instead, I found my 6-inch knife. With one swift move, I pulled the knife and stabbed his boot that was on my wrist. The taller man staggered backwards, letting out an angry yell of pain.

“Merle!” I heard Daryl say as he grabbed the knife and yank it out. Merle must be the taller man’s name. I took my chance and reached for my gun, my chest rising and falling quickly. Merle let out frustrated yells as Daryl pointed his crossbow at me, his expression stone hard. I immediately stopped reaching for it, my eyes widened with fear.

The outraged Merle finally stopped yelling, and I heard him walk to me. He stood over me as he grabbed my long black hair, his face red with anger. “Ya’ are gon’ regret doin’ that,” Merle whispered into my ear. I shut my eyes and bit my lip, stopping myself from crying out when he grabbed me by my long hair. Merle threw me back to the ground. “Daryl, go take ‘er to the camp. I’m gon’ finish the hunt,” Merle ordered as he grabbed his rifle. “Oh, and don’ forget the dog. We should cook that thing up, make a good dog steak,” Merle said as he limped off into the forest. I heard Daniel cry again, making me pissed.

Daryl had an annoyed expression on his face, seeing that he would have to cancel their hunt. Wait, Merle said to take me to a group. Does that mean there are more men? A shiver went down my spine. What if all of the men in the group are like these two?!? Daryl grabbed my wrists and pulled me up to my feet roughly, then I saw him point his crossbow right at my head.

“Come here Danny,” I said. My brother got up, wiping away tears that streamed from his eyes. Daniel ran towards me, using my shirt to wipe away his tears. “Sh sh sh sh,” I said, stroking his hair. Daryl pushed me forward, making me start to walk. I snapped my head at him, and looked back down to the ground for my weapons. No knife. No gun. Did Merle take my weapons too? He did!!! I immediately stopped moving, feeling Daryl’s crossbow go against my backpack.

I crossed my arms, not wanting to get anywhere near a group of people with out a weapon. Then again Daniel has his gun. “Keep movin’,” Daryl growled as he pushed me gently forward. I stumbled forward but then stopped again. Danny squeezed my hand, not knowing what I was doing. “What is yer’ trip, lady?” Daryl asked, pushed me a little rougher now. I stepped forward again, but didn’t continue walking. “Are ye’ gon’ keep doin’ that or are ye’ gon’ start walkin’?” Daryl asked as I felt his crossbow hit me lightly on the top of my head.