Chapter 18: If The Prison Falls

~.~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~.~.~ Chapter 18~.~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~.~.~

Mariah’s Point Of View:

“What the hell?” I mumbled as I realized Merle wasn’t next to me. I sat up quickly, and saw that my cell was closed and locked. I heard arguing erupt from the group outside, and I walked up to the iron bars and grabbed them. Shaking the bars violently, I yelled, “Who the hell closed this?!?”

Daniel stepped into my view, holding a ring of keys. “Come on!” he growled as he stuffed one key into the iron lock. Rick stepped into view as well, then grabbed the keys. “You can’t keep her locked up! She hasn’t done anything wrong!” Daniel yelled at Rick, reaching for the keys.

Rick glared at Daniel. “You know damn well what she did. Go take a look at Maggie’s hand downstairs!” Rick snapped at him.

“I shot her in the wrist for killing my best friend, so what? Shit happens,” I said, gripping the bars tightly. “You can’t keep me locked up here. Where the hell did you put Merle?”

“He is in another cell. Do you know what you did to Maggie? Hershel had to amputate her left hand because of you,” Rick growled.

Now Merle wont be the only guy around without two hands, I thought. “She shot my best friend, she’s lucky I didn’t shoot her in her face,” I snapped. I should probably say sorry but I’m not. Rick just took Merle from my cell, locked me in here, and is getting mad at me for self-defense.

Rick and I just exchanged angry glares before he left, leaving me and Daniel behind. “I can’t stay in here forever. Help me out,” I asked.

“What do you think I’m doing? Everyone wants to kick you and Merle out. Daryl and I are the only ones who are actually defending you guys,” Daniel sighed, running his hand through his hair.

Frowning, I looked down. “We’ll leave, Daniel. Merle and I have survived this long with out this group we’ll be fine. Come with us,” I said. Daniel’s eyes narrowed.

He shook his head briefly. “No. I am not going to just abandon this group. I care for this group. Carl is my best friend, and although I don’t like Rick’s decisions most of the time he is still right. I will convince him to let you and Merle stay, alright?” Daniel said.

Daniel didn’t wait for my response and just left. God damn it! I shook the bars more angrily, pissed that Rick is doing this. I waited for a long time before I saw the group, all of them, reappear in front of my cell, even baby Judith.

As Rick opened the cell bars, he said, “You can stay.” My face lightened hearing this. Daniel smiled smugly, and I knew he changed their mind. “We are still debating about Merle, and you should thank your brother and Maggie for letting you stay because I would have sent you off and on your way,” Rick said. I should thank Maggie? Did she want me here too? Well, thanks then!

Bringing in Daniel for a hug, I said, “I’ll talk to him, don’t worry. He’ll listen to me.” Rick grunted in response. Carl and Daniel guided me to a cell that was three cells down from mine, and it was quiet in there.

I gave everyone a look, telling them that they should leave. Everyone but Rick did and he opened the cell for me to get in. Merle was chilling on the bunk calmly, picking his nails.

“Hey Merle,” I said, sitting down on the cot he was laying on. Rick closed the cell behind me, then left.

Merle simply lifted an eyebrow, and I saw a small grin on his face. “Well hey darlin’,” Merle said, sitting up. “Glad tha’ they trust ye’ enough to let ye’ out of yer’ cell,” he chuckled, removing his metal fist attachment.