Chapter 22: This Ain't Highschool

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~ Chapter 22~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

“Merle I’m… Merle I’m pregnant,” I said, my hand slightly shaking in anxiety for Merle’s reaction. As soon as I said that, Merle’s eyes went a little wider, but his expression did not change.

His grip on my wrist loosened, and then he let go. Just as I thought that he was about to get pissed, his large arms wrapped around me and pressed me roughly against his chest. I was stunned for a moment, but then I hugged him back and let my head rest on his shoulder. “Say something,” I whispered, not liking the silence.

I was so glad that he hugged me, that he showed some positive sign but I need to hear his voice. Merle pushed me back a little so that we could look at each other. “Mariah… I don’ know what to say,” Merle said.

“Are you mad?” I asked.

Merle rolled his eyes. “This ain’t high school, Mariah. I ain’t gon’ leave ye’ jus’ ‘cause yer’ pregnant. What do I have to do to get ye’ to understand tha’ I won’t stop lovin’ ye’?” Merle asked. I felt warmed by this, and that is just what I wanted to hear.

Lowering his head, Merle pressed his lips gently on mine. I kissed him back, and it felt great knowing that this is Merle’s reaction. He thinks that I doubt his love for me… but that is his own fault. I still remember the Merle/Andrea incident back in Woodbury.

I didn’t know I was being backed up until I felt myself being pressed against the wall. Merle started trailing his kisses towards my jaw line, then down to my neck. He then started sucking on the skin there, and that earned him a gasp from my lips.

Merle then pulled away, looking straight into my eyes. He planted a kiss on my forehead, then asked, “How long have ye’ known?”

“Earlier today… I tested and I found out,” I said.

“How long ‘till we find out if it’s a boy or girl?” he asked.

I shrugged. “We have to wait until it’s born for that,” I said. I couldn’t believe that I am pregnant… and I am also surprised that Merle is okay with it. Merle kneeled down on one of his knees and lifted up my shirt to where my stomach was showing.

Due to the fact that I am barely a few weeks pregnant, there was no sign of a bump. Merle gently kissed my stomach, then stood back up straight. He could be so sweet… sometimes. Our lips neared each other’s slowly, but yelling interrupted us.

Cocking one eyebrow, Merle walked towards the door and opened it. The yelling continued, and it sounded very loud to the point I got a headache. “Come on, let’s see wha’s goin’ on down there,” Merle grumbled, grabbing my hand and dragging me along with him.

When Merle and I arrived downstairs, we found the newer Woodbury folks in the living room huddled together while our group was in between them and the door.

Glenn noticed Merle and I first, so he made his way to us. “What the hell is going on?” I asked, seeing this darker man and Rick yell into each other’s faces.

“The Woodbury guys are getting angry at us and accusing us of being psychotic killers,” Glenn said.

“We are killer’s, kid,” Merle chuckled, listening to the yelling in the background.

“You don’t get it, if we leave them out there they’ll become a threat because they think we’re dangerous. We have enough problems on our hands and adding enemies is something we are trying to avoid!” Glenn growled.

He had a point. If the remaining Woodbury people survive out there, they’ll be after us. Apparently we are a “threat”. I just say kill them off and save us the hassle. Harsh, I know, but it’s survival.