Chapter 21: Relocating

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~ Chapter 21~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

We were all working our asses off; hauling boxes of supplies into cars. I was covered in my own sweat within a few hours of working, and I was getting exhausted. There was so much shit. I felt like shit. Everything seemed like shit at the moment, and I just wanted to take a break.

But I want to get out of the prison even more. I grabbed a large box, and it was very heavy. I barely managed to pick it up, and I think this box was full of ammunition. I took a step and I almost dropped the box. I would ask for help, but I don't want to look weak around my group.

"Gimme' tha' darlin'," I heard Merle's voice say as he grabbed my box. He made it look as light as a feather as he put it away, and I sighed.

"Thanks, Merle," I said, grabbing a smaller box. There weren't that many more things to put away, but as I put this box in the truck and I noticed that we won't have a lot of space for ourselves.

Glenn and Maggie confronted me, and I noticed that Maggie had a ring on. She's married? How sweet! This really made my day. "You two are married?" I asked, smiling. Maggie nodded, about to talk more about it but Glenn cut her off.

"Sorry to interrupt but we need to get to that place of yours now," Glenn said. I nodded.

"Yeah, we do. We all have space to drive there at once, right?" I asked. Glenn nodded, and then I made my way towards Merle who was cleaning his knife attachment.

Daniel, Carl, Beth, and Judith were meeting up with Glenn, so I assumed that Merle and I were going to take the lead since we knew where this place was. "Are we leavin' so soon?" Merle asked me as he stood up straight. I nodded, going on my tiptoes and kissing Merle on the tip of his nose.

He smiled and pecked my lips, then we heard, "Get a move on, guys, were in a hurry!" Oh Glenn, we were just taking a second! Merle and I got the hint and I got in the passenger side of the car since Merle refused to not drive.

"Here we go," Merle said as we drove off.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~ At The Base~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

We were inside the rock walls, and I already loved this place. It looked so nice, other than the pile of corpses that Daniel and I made while cleaning this place. I made a mental note to myself saying that I shouldn't go near the filthy pool when with Merle. I don't want to be covered in that muck.

Glenn and Maggie were waiting at the southern wall, which had the entrance gate, for Rick. Daniel, Carl, Beth and Judith were just talking with each other. Hershel and Carol were watching over the kids, just talking amongst themselves. Merle and I were sitting on the front porch bench, and couldn't stop thinking about the attack.

Michonne and I had such a simple task, but I nearly fucked it up by letting everyone know that I was puking my guts out. But why? Why was I so damn sick all of a sudden? Then Michonne asked me if I was pregnant. What if I was?!? I can't be pregnant! I wont be, it was just the prison food getting me sick.

Pregnancy is out of the question. To distract myself, I started a conversation with Merle. "So..." I said, leaning my head on Merle's chest. He wrapped his large arm around me and held me close, his eyes just looking straight ahead.

"So... what?" Merle said, his eyes landing on me.

"Glenn and Maggie got married," I said. I was never married, since I never had the time to, but I always wanted to be. Maybe Merle was the one? Pffft, what am I thinking. This is Merle! I love him and all, but love in an apocalypse is destined to go to shit. Marriage is just too distracting. But still...