Chapter 15: Forgiven

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~ Chapter 15~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"Fuck you and let me go!" I snapped, trying to push him off. I stopped moving, accepting that he isn't going to let me go until he will do the few things he is planning to do. Merle was still keeping me in his hug, and I knew that he wouldn't just grab my wrist to keep me here because he needs two hands to grab two wrists.

Merle looked down at me until I was calm and listening, pursing his lips. "Now, first thing. I'm sorry, alright? It was suppose to jus' be a harmless joke. I now realize tha' it wasn't. I'm sorry. Forgive me?" Merle asked. I glared up at him. "Understand tha' I wont let ye' go until ye' say ye' forgive me," he said, a small smile on his face.

Frowning, I looked back down. My stomach let out a silent growl that I could feel, and I was starving. Merle was patiently waiting, his smile slowly fading. Maybe if I just wait here for a few minutes, he'll let me go.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~ 5 Minutes Later ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"Fine! I forgive you!" I snapped, glaring up at Merle. He shook his head slowly, pursing his lips. "Why are you shaking your head? I said I forgive you!" I hissed, thrashing around in his grip again.

Merle held me tighter against him. "Darlin', ye' gotta mean it. Ye' gotta' believe me when I say I'm sorry," Merle said, and I frowned. I don't want to give in. I don't want him to win. Then again I want to just hug him and pretend everything was ok.

Sighing, I looked back up to Merle's eyes and calmed down. "Alright. You want to know what I feel? I love you Merle, but that really hurt. It's hard to forgive," I said, frowning. "I forgive you if you promise to only love me," I said quietly. I frowned. I lost. I said just a second ago that I wont give in, and here I am saying I forgive him.

He placed a kiss on the top of my head, and I just looked down. "Alright, darlin'. I will only love ye'. Now for the next thing," Merle said. My head shot up. Oh come on! I said I forgive him! "Ye' gotta' hug me," he said with a chuckle. I rolled my eyes and wrapped my arms around him, resting my head on his chest. I let my arms fall back to my sides, expecting him to let me go as well. Merle lowered his head a little and then said in a low voice, "Now a lil' kiss."

"Don't push your luck, Merle," I said, glaring. Merle raised his eyebrows, giving me a look. "That's asking for a lot," I sighed, pulling my head away from his.

"I guess yer' gon' be here a while," Merle chuckled.

Getting on my tiptoes, I planted a quick kiss on his lips. "Anything else?" I asked, getting back on my heels.

"Do ye' want to do anything else," Merle said huskily. I rolled my eyes and felt his grip on me release.

"No," I said quickly, turning back towards the sandwich I was making before. I felt... relieved. Glad. I knew that I wouldn't stay angry with Merle forever, but what if we never actually be the same together? I frowned at the thought, and then I thought: It will be the same. It has to be.

Wow. I just realized how quickly Merle made me forgive him. He really wants me, doesn't he? I smiled, and then I felt Merle's arms wrap around me again, his head next to mine. I closed my eyes, feeling his breath down my neck. "So glad tha' ye' forgave me. Didn't expect ye' to," Merle said lowly, tightening his arms around me.

He slowly turned me towards him so that we were face to face. I slowly opened my green eyes to his blue ones; my anger towards him vanished completely. How can you stay mad at Merle when he does the things he does? It's impossible for me.

Ever so slowly, our heads neared each other until our lips barely touched. I got on my tiptoes once more and smashed my lips onto his, my hands reaching for his hair immediately. Merle backed me against the counter with an unexpected force, making me gasp when I was pressed against it. Sparks flew around us like a firework show on the 4th of July, and Merle's wrist was at my lower back.