Chapter 11: It's Not Ok

~.~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~.~.~ Chapter 11~.~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~.~.~

"Stand up!" Merle ordered as I closed the door behind me. The room was lit with candles, so we didn't need the outside light. The three men obeyed, their eyes glancing between Merle and I. There were two men that looked about the same age, maybe thirty or so, while there was one more guy that looked about twenty. "They ain't Shane's group," Merle mumbled to me, his eyes never leaving the three men. I stared at him in shock, knowing what he is thinking of doing.

Shaking my head, I lowered my gun from the aim of the men. "We can't just kill them! They're survivors, it's not our call," I snapped. The younger kid had a frightened expression hearing that Merle was going to kill them.

"Yer' right, it isn't our call. It's the Gov'ner's, and he made it clear tha' anyone other than the group our brother's are in are gon' to be taken out," Merle said as he got ready to pull the trigger.

"No! Please, sir. We won't bother you, please, don't kill us! I-I'm Sean," the taller black haired man said as he glanced between us. He shakily pointed to the younger guy, then said, "This is Tyler and this is," he pointed to the other older man, "Greg. Please don't kill us."

I stepped between Merle and the three men, my eyes staring into Merle's angrily. "You better not. They are survivors, I wont forgive you if you kill them," I snapped. Merle gave me a death look, and it scared me but I wont show it. I know Merle will get mad at me for doing this but these are people. Real, breathing people. I turned to the three men, and they had thankful looks now. "I'm sorry about that... We're really on edge. Do you have any supplies to spare?" I asked. Sean exhaled deeply, smiling.

"We're running low, but if you are hungry I'll get you two something to eat," Sean said as he kneeled down over a bag of supplies that were out of my vision. Greg glanced between Sean and Tyler, and they nodded back. I think they're debating whether it was smart to give us some food; I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't have enough to spare. I heard Merle mumbling angrily besides me, muttering how we are disobeying the Governor's orders.

My stomach growled at the thought of food. "Tyler, get this young lady some food. I didn't catch your names," Sean said as he stood up and walked over to Merle.

"I'm Mariah, and that's Merle," I said as I watched Tyler grab a bag of beef jerky. Oh that looks good. Merle glared at Sean, not liking him already. He walked past Sean and towards me, glaring at everyone. When I looked up at him, I was about to tell him that we should be thankful until I heard a sickening thud.

Merle's eyes closed as he fell forward, knocked out. I gasped when I saw that Sean used a gun to hit Merle hard in the head. I brought out my gun, anger and adrenaline fueling me. Before I shot, Tyler smacked it out of my hand as Greg grabbed my wrists tightly. "Merle!" I cried out but then Sean put a gag in my mouth to shut me up.

"Greg, you hold her and make sure she doesn't get free. Tyler, help me get this big fella' tied up. What the hell?" Sean said as he saw Merle's right wrist. I thrashed around in Greg's grip, screaming through the gag. I should have listened to Merle! Oh god I am so dead! Greg made it so that he was behind me, his arms around me and keeping me to where I couldn't get free.

He leaned his mouth towards my ear, and I shook in fear. "Oh we're gonna' have some fun with you," Greg said and I used my head to hit him, but he dodged it but bringing his head back. "Nice try." I was breathing so quickly I thought I would have a heart attack right here, right now.

But there was only one person I was worried about right now. Merle. What are they going to do with him? I know they are going to tie him up, but how the hell are we going to get out of this mess? I thrashed around in Greg's grip, tears running down my eyes. Watching Sean and Tyler tie Merle up made me feel like dying right here. This is my entire fault. We should have killed them. Oh god its my fault.