Chapter 20: Feeling Shitty

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~ Chapter 20~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

“Any questions?” I heard Rick finish saying. All of us were barely awake, but we had to listen to the battle strategy. None of us asked a question, all of us knew what we had to do tomorrow morning for the battle. “We wake up as soon as the sun rises, so get your rest,” Officer Friendly said, seeing that none of us had anything to question.

Gladly, I stood up and stretched my arms out. I was somewhat tired, somewhat awake. The anxiety of tomorrow’s battle gripped me tightly, and I am afraid something will go wrong.

Luckily my brother got an easy job. He, Carl, Hershel, Beth, and Judith will bug out and be away from the battle. I don’t want them to get hurt, but if we do, then they will be on their own. Shit. I doubt anything will go wrong…

I have the job of throwing these smoke grenades once the Governor comes into the prison, while Merle covers my back. Rick is going to draw fire towards them, leading some tunnel walkers towards where ever the Governor will be. We have a plan for every inch of the prison and where the Governor could possibly attack in.

Everyone at the table got up and made their way to their cells. Daniel walked past me, slightly bumping into my shoulder. I felt hurt when he didn’t stop to say something. I didn’t want him to say a lot, but I wanted him to say something. “Daniel,” I said, stopping him in his tracks.

My brother turned to me, no emotions on his face. “Yes?” he asked.

“Be careful tomorrow,” I said, looking down. Daniel nodded, then turned back to walk to his cell. I watched him walk into his cell, which was on the second floor. My heart’s normal upbeat pace lowered seeing that my brother didn’t seem bothered that we may die tomorrow.

I felt a large hand go over my small one, making me turn and face Merle. I let out a long sigh and let go of his hand, then started walking towards our cell. By the sound of his footsteps, I knew Merle was following.

What if I do die tomorrow? I’m nowhere near ready to die just yet. The Governor wouldn’t hesitate to kill me, and just that thought made me shiver. Once inside the cell, I lie myself down on the cot. Merle walked in as well, stopping at the entrance.

“Wha’s on yer’ mind, sugar?” Merle asked, taking off his metal wrist and tossing it on a dirty cloth in the corner of the cell room. I sighed, then thought, If I am going to die tomorrow, than I am going to make this the best night of my life.

Standing up, I walked over to Merle with a playful smirk on my lips. Merle’s stone grey eyes were on mine as I stopped in front of him. I placed my hands on his shoulders, gripping them tightly. “This may be our last night alive,” I whispered to him as I pulled him towards the closest corner of the cell.

Merle chuckled. “Yeah. It might,” he said, his large hand at the small of my back. With that we collided, our lips crashing into each other’s hungrily. It didn’t take much to get my message across. My hands wrapped around his neck as Merle kissed me as deeply as he could.

Although the kisses were passionate, they were silent. In Woodbury, we had four closed walls and we had more privacy there. Here, in the prison, we have an open cell.

“We have to be quiet,” I whispered between kisses. Merle slightly nodded, his hand tangling itself in my hair.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~ At First Light~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~