Chapter 7

Her eyes slowly opened, and she looked around.

"H-Hyunjin?"

Hyunjin sat up and turned her neck to the source of the voice. "Heejin," she mumbled, observing the girl curling up in the corner of the room. "Are you okay?"

"Are you okay?"

Hyunjin leaned back against the wall, observing her surroundings. Just another small, white room, but with those cell bars diving the room. And now, she was behind them with Heejin.

"What happened?" Hyunjin asked.

"I don't know. I was leaving the organization, and a few minutes after, someone jumped on me. When I woke up, I was here."

"Goddess..." Hyunjin let her head hit the wall with a sigh. "I fucked up."

"You should just have ignored me and kept the-"

"No. I wouldn't. I have no idea what they're up to or what they could do to you."

"Why would you care?"

Hyunjin frowned at her. "What do you mean? Why do you still think I don't care-"

The door flew open. Both Hyunjin and Heejin snapped their necks to it, and Hyunjin got up on her feet.

"Jungeun."

"You're awake," she stated, closing the door behind her.

"You followed me home yesterday, followed Heejin, you told on us, and now this."

"You knew?"

Hyunjin approached the bars and grabbed on them, releasing her anger on her fists around the cold iron. "You and Jiwoo said you didn't like doing whatever you were doing. You were about to turn someone, weren't you?" she asked, and Jungeun's eyes went huge. "If you hate it, why were you doing it?"

Jungeun tried to look serious, but she couldn't even face Hyunjin anymore.

"Whatever, it doesn't even matter if you tell me what the hell is going on or not, I'm gonna find out and end this," Hyunjin spat, turning around.

"You're messing with the wrong people."

Hyunjin halted, and only her neck moved, her eyes shifting and her fangs growing. She approached the metal bars again, eyes locked on Jungeun's. "No, you messed with the wrong people."

Jungeun shook her head. "You really don't know-"

"And I don't care," Hyunjin hissed.

Without fighting back, Jungeun exited the room. Hyunjin spun on her heels, took a couple large steps, and hit the wall with her fists, so hard it made the room shake.

"Fuck," she cursed under her breath, dropping her head and shutting her eyes down.

"H-Hyunjin," Heejin called, barely a whisper.

"I'm sorry. This is all my fault, you trusted me, and look at where it got you. Be mad at me all you want, curse at me, whatever you want, hit me if you want to."

"I'm scared."

Hyunjin snapped her head to face Heejin. Her body was still curled against the corner, her arms around her knees. She focused for a second on her senses, and could now hear how Heejin's heart beat so fast and strong, and her body trembled.

"You're a slayer. You fight vampires." Hyunjin sat down.

"I never fight alone, and I fight with my blades. What am I supposed to feel when I'm stuck in a vampire den, alone, without my blades?"