Chapter 35

They headed to their meeting point, where Jinsol already was, leaning against her blue BMW.

"How was it?" she asked as they arrived, approaching to meet them.

"It was..." Hyunjin started, trying to find the best words. "Weirdly pleasant."

Jinsol irked an eyebrow. "Really? Wasn't it scary or anything?"

"Not really."

"Okay, that's nice, right?"

Hyejoo shrugged, walking ahead and hopping inside Jinsol's car. Jinsol frowned.

"Yves was there too, you know." Hyunjin sighed. "We'll talk better at home, let's go for now."

And all the way during the ride, amidst everything in Hyunjin's mind, there was one thought ringing louder than the others.

"So, Vivi wants to fight alongside you?" Jinsol's eyebrows were high in her forehead as they explained the whole conversation, already in Jiwoo's house.

"Yeah. And we will," Hyunjin said. "The Blood Alliance will not stand a chance if we work together."

Jiwoo bounced her legs, an ear to ear grin in her face. "Oh man, is it weird that I'm this excited?"

Jungeun shook her head with a chuckle.

"I am, too." Hyunjin nodded. "I can see the end approaching, and I can't wait for all of this to be over. Also, I have something else to say. I want us to go back to my house."

The girls were too surprised to say something right away.

"I-Is it safe?" Heejin asked.

"I was thinking about it in our way here. I think it's safe to say the Silver Blades are on our side, even if just for now. And there's no way for them to know we're back either. As for the Blood Alliance, don't they have other things to worry about? And everything is gonna be over soon. I mean it. Also, it's important for us to be close. Chaewon needs to get her hand checked frequently."

"I vote yes!" Jiwoo said, followed by nods in agreement from the other girls.

"Go pack, then. We leave tonight, so Jinsol doesn't have to come pick us up some other time." Hyunjin got on her feet and headed upstairs with the others.

Heejin closed the door to their room with a heavy sigh.

"What is it?" Hyunjin turned to her.

"Everything is happening so fast."

Hyunjin approached her and wrapped her arms around her waist. "I know. How do you feel? About the meeting."

"I don't know. A lot of mixed feelings. The things they do there without anyone else having a clue, them wanting to fight with us... It's a lot to take in, but at the same time, I'm relieved that things are going this way. Does it make sense?"

"It does. I feel the same. What about Yves?"

"She can be very strict and professional, but she showed emotions today. I won't lie, I felt like hugging her when I saw her. I missed her and she's making an effort to change. I know it, and I know the struggle, but I still feel a little resentful. Was I too harsh with her?"

"I honestly was more surprised because Vivi was there. Don't worry about that now. If things go well, you can apologize some time later. Soon, this will all be over."

"I hope so." Heejin hugged her, hiding her face in the crook of her neck. "Provided we come out victorious."

Hyunjin squeezed her, kissing her head. "I know we will."