Chapter 26

Jinsol would be arriving soon, and the girls were preparing and packing whatever they needed. They would go to the Silver Blades at dusk, and come back as soon as possible. Hyunjin felt so tempted to suggest spending the night at her house, *home*, but she had no idea how things could go. Plus, Diana and Selene would stay and she didn't want them to be alone for too long.

"You ready?" Hyunjin asked, double checking if she had everything she needed. Not much, honestly. Her gun, her emergency blood flask, and her phone.

"Yeah. It's not like we're going on a trip, anyway." Heejin chuckled, but Hyunjin knew it was forced.

She approached Heejin and held her hands. "You okay?"

"Yes."

"You're not."

Heejin dropped her head and squeezed Hyunjin's hands. "I'm still scared."

"We all are. But we're together, all of us. And we can do this. We trust you."

"I don't know if that's comforting or even scarier."

"Sorry."

Tip toeing, Heejin kissed her lips. "Promise me something."

Hyunjin irked an eyebrow. "What is it?"

"That you'll always do your best to stay safe."

"If you can promise me the same."

"I promise." Heejin looked her dead in the eye.

"I promise."

They kissed again, their bodies drawing to each other as the kiss deepened.

"Jinsol's here!" Jiwoo's voice boomed in the house, startling Heejin, who pulled away in a jump.

Hyunjin pressed her lips together trying not to laugh. "Let's go, then?"

Going down the stairs, the other girls were already by the front door.

"Have you all fed, and are you all carrying your emergency flasks?" Hyunjin asked.

The other vampires nodded, reaching for the interior pocket of their jackets to make sure it was there. Hyunjin checked if Selene and Diana's food and water bowls were full, and left two for each, just in case they took longer than expected, petted their heads, whispering she would be back soon, and walked towards the front door.

"Let's go."

Leading the way, she noticed Jinsol standing outside her car. Hyunjin rushed to crash her body against hers in a tight hug.

"Hyunjin." She hugged her back. "How are you?"

"I have no idea."

The others approached, and Jinsol pulled away, cupping Hyunjin's cheeks. "You can do this."

Hyunjin nodded, telling herself the same.

"Hey, everyone. Get in the car, we should get going," Jinsol said. "Heejin, where should I leave you?"

"Give me your phone so I can put a location in the GPS." After a few taps, Heejin handed Jinsol her phone back. "We shouldn't get too close to the headquarters, we don't want them to notice your car or Bumblebee. Stop here, and we'll go the rest of the way on foot."

"Alright." Jinsol got in the front seat, the others already inside. "Follow me and don't lose my track."

Jinsol's car slowed down, coming to a stop at the small parking lot at the right side of the street. Hyunjin followed, stopping Bumblebee next to it. One by one, they left the car, and Hyunjin hopped off, scanning the area around. Hyunjin had a loose idea of where the headquarters were, as it had been important for self-preservation thus far. However, at that moment, she had no idea where she was or how close or far they might be from it.