Chapter 32

The sun was already up when Hyunjin opened her eyes. Heejin was still sleeping next to her, probably still exhausted from the night before. Moving as slow as she could, she stood up from the bed without waking her up. She would wake up thirsty, and there was no blood in the house. Hyunjin should visit Yuta's farm and come back fast so everyone could be well-fed before going back to Jiwoo's house.

And, as Hyunjin walked down the stairs, she wondered if they needed to go back. But the thought was interrupted when her eyes landed on Hyejoo, leaning against the kitchen counter with a bottle of blood in her hand, lost in the depths of her mind, because she didn't even notice her presence. Without a word, Hyunjin rushed to the girl, crashing their bodies together in a tight hug and earning a yelp from Hyejoo.

"H-Hyunjin."

"You're here."

"You scared the shit out of me," Hyejoo said, still hugging her back.

"Well, you scared the shit out of me last night."

"I just needed some air."

Hyunjin pulled away and narrowed her eyes at her, noticing again the new scar that adorned her face. "You got me worried sick, but I'm glad you're back."

Hyejoo dropped her head. "Sorry."

"Are you feeling better?"

"I don't know. I just want Gowon to come back."

"Is she still at the hospital?"

Hyejoo nodded, gripping the bottle in her hand.

"Where did you get the blood?"

"Jinsol went to Yuta's farm before sunrise, and I went with her to help," Hyejoo said, motioning with her head somewhere behind Hyunjin.

She turned, finally noticing Jinsol sleeping in the couch, and Jiwoo and Jungeun sleeping in the mattress on the floor, where Hyejoo and Chaewon used to sleep. Hyunjin smiled. Sometimes she wondered if she deserved Jinsol in her life.

"Thank you, I was going there now because we need to feed and, well, Heejin is gonna wake up thirsty. Didn't you sleep?"

"Couldn't. H-How's Heejin?"

"Managing. Don't worry, she's not mad at you."

Hyejoo sighed, like she was holding a breath all this time. "I was really out of my mind."

"You'll talk when she's awake."

"How did... that happen?"

"We'll talk when everyone's here. A lot happened, and we need to gather and decide what's coming up next. Do you know what's going on at the Silver Blades?"

"No clue." Hyejoo gulped, and Hyunjin could only guess her sister had popped up in her mind, but she wouldn't ask.

Hyunjin leaned against the counter next to Hyejoo.

"Aren't you gonna feed?" Hyejoo asked, a full bottle in her hand for her.

"Oh, no, I'm actually not hungry. I fed before going to bed." And she had drank way too much of Heejin's blood.

They heard a door opening, but it wasn't the front door. Hyunjin looked at the stairs, waiting for Heejin to make her way down. A couple seconds later, there she was, slowly going down each step, peeking at Hyunjin and Hyejoo with her pink eyes as she did.

"Good morning." Hyunjin smiled at her.

"H-Hey."

Still slowly, as if shy, she joined them. That was way out of character for her.