Chapter 31

Hyunjin watched in horror, her eyebrows twitching and a hand to her opened mouth. Her fogged eyes fixed on the small puddle of puke on the floor.

Heejin stared at it too. "What..."

Haseul stared at her with her mouth open, looking glad the puke missed her by a few inches and shocked at the same time. She was still holding the syringe she had to pull out in reflex when Heejin was about to throw up.

"Well, I guess I don't... need this anymore," Haseul said, moving her gaze to the syringe with only a few drops of blood left in it.

"Why did I need blood?" Heejin asked.

Haseul stood up and walked towards the kitchen, the silence engulfing the room. Heejin's breath quickened, as if it had clicked to her as well.

"Why did I just throw up? What the fuck happened?!"

Hyunjin raised her head and gasped.

A beautiful shade of bright pink appeared in Heejin's eyes. But Hyunjin's were too clouded with tears to appreciate their overwhelming beauty.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I w-wasn't strong enough, I couldn't s-stop him-" Hyunjin choked on her own breath, unable to look anywhere else but Heejin's eyes.

"My eyes hurt," Heejin said. Stated.

"Heejin, try to stay calm-"

"Don't," Heejin cut Haseul short. Haseul squatted, cleaning the floor, and sighed. "I'll ask one more time, Hyunjin. What happened?" Heejin's voice sounded so deep it pierced Hyunjin's whole body.

The atmosphere was so heavy, so tense, Hyunjin had trouble breathing, and her body trembled from head to toe.

"Jinyoung got you, and he... he-" Hyunjin sobbed again. "Oh, for the love of the moon, isn't it clear already?"

All remains of anger or frustration melted in Heejin's face. It fell expressionless. "He didn't."

"He did!" Hyunjin shouted. "He fucking did, right in front of my eyes, and I couldn't do shit to stop him!"

Heejin launched forward, falling on her knees in front of Hyunjin, and gripped on the collar of her leather jacket, so aggressively it got her taken aback. But what she aimed for was the emergency flask Hyunjin kept in her inner pocket.

"Heejin, be careful-"

It clicked open right in front of Heejin's nose, and her eyes rolled back, her hand gripping on the flask and the other over itself. Heejin's canines grew, and she inhaled through her nose, deep and sharp. Before she could lose it, Hyunjin stole the flask from her hand and brought it to her lips, forcing the liquid down Heejin's throat.

When it came empty and Heejin was back to her senses, she groaned, pushing Hyunjin away so hard she fell back on her butt, the flask hitting the floor as it rolled away.

"Stop!" Heejin shrieked, backing away until her back hit the couch, looking at Hyunjin like she was going to hurt her. "What are you doing?!"

"Stopping you from entering blood lust!"

Heejin stared at her like she was hearing about blood lust for the first time.

Hyunjin clenched her jaw. Now, she was the one reaching forward, grabbing on Heejin's shoulder and pulling her closer as she fetched her phone and turned it to her.

"Take a look at yourself!" Hyunjin spat. "I don't like it any more than you do, but there it is."

Heejin gasped as she looked at her reflection in her phone. The pink eyes, the fangs peaking out her lower lip, and...