Chapter 20

At last, Friday.

Hyunjin sat outside, looking up at the darkening sky. At any minute now, Jinsol could show up, and Hyunjin couldn't keep her legs quiet, as they bounced back and forth, hanging on the porch.

Then, a couple minutes later, Jinsol's scent reached her nose, making her jump to her feet. And apparently, she wasn't alone. There was another scent.

Jinsol's deep blue BMW came into view, slowing down as it approached the residence. Hyunjin squinted, so she could try and understand who was the girl beside Jinsol, in the passenger's seat.

"Yerim?!" Hyejoo's voice boomed as the front door barged open. "Holy shit, Gowon, Heejin, Yerim's here!"

Hyunjin stood still, observing as the three girls ran and gave barely any time for Yerim to get off the car before engulfing her into a hug. Yerim hugged them back, her ear to ear grin so genuine and contagious, it made Hyunjin smile as well.

"I missed you guys so much!" Yerim said, her voice just as lively. "Are you okay? Are your injuries better now?" She pulled away, taking a better look at the girls, scanning Heejin's arm and Chaewon's leg.

"We're fine, doing nothing but resting and playing Switch all week," Chaewon said. "I can walk without any pain now!"

"And my arm is just fine as well, it doesn't hurt when I try to move it anymore." Heejin gave her a thumbs up.

Yerim shifted her attention to Hyejoo, cupping her cheeks. "What about you, Hyejoo? Are you adapting well?"

Hyejoo closed her eyes for a couple seconds, and when they came open again, Yerim gasped.

"Oh my god, they're... beautiful."

"They are," Chaewon mumbled, as if looking at Hyejoo's silver eyes for the first time.

"I'm great. Hyunjin has guided me ever since the beginning."

Four pairs of eyes focused on Hyunjin.

"Hyunjin!" Yerim walked past the girls, rushing in her direction, and Hyunjin widened her eyes. Yerim grabbed her hand and shook it full of enthusiasm, her eyes wandering from her tattooed arm, to her neck and forehead. "I'm finally meeting you! Oh, it's an honor!"

"H-Hi, Yerim. Yeah, I'm finally meeting you too, after hearing Jinsol mentioning your name every three seconds."

Yerim let out a small gasp, taking a hand to her opened mouth. "She... talks about me? Why?"

Hyunjin rolled her eyes. "Goddess, I wonder why."

Yerim frowned. "Huh?"

"Nothing, nothing. It's nice to meet you, Yerim." And by the corner of her eyes, she could see Jinsol getting off her car, saying hello to the girls as she walked towards them. "Here comes a hug like she hadn't seen me in a year in three, two, one..."

And as she finished the countdown, Jinsol pulled her in for such hug.

"I did say you would be the one running for a hug," Hyunjin said.

"And I said you were right. I missed you." Jinsol squeezed her body.

"I missed you too," Hyunjin whispered near her ear.

"Oh, your tsundere is on a break!"

"Did you bring what I asked?"

"Yeah."

"Thank you. I'll tell you when you can bring it."

Jinsol pulled away and kissed her cheek. "Now go carry the blood inside."