Chapter 16

No fear," Hyunjin said.

Heejin furrowed her eyebrows, giving her a confident expression as she nodded. She launched at Hyunjin, grabbed on her right arm, twirled around, and when she was about to throw her over the shoulder, she stopped.

"Am I really that heavy?" Hyunjin asked in a mocking tone.

"N-No! I just-"

"You won't hurt me. I told you I wouldn't forgive you if you didn't do this."

Heejin grunted. "Alright, I can do it. Let's try again."

Hyunjin smiled at her and took a step back, ready when she was. Heejin closed her eyes for a few seconds, and when they came open again, there she was. But now Hyunjin knew she was really going for it right from the beginning, by the way she elbowed her stomach right before twirling her around and throwing her over her shoulder with a loud grunt. Hyunjin braced herself, but it still hurt when her back hit the ground, and she couldn't suppress a small yelp.

"Fuck," Hyunjin mumbled.

"H-Hyunjin, are you okay?" The worry in Heejin's voice was evident.

"Goddess, this hurts so much..." Hyunjin put on a scene, exaggerating the pain her face showed.

Heejin kneeled beside her, her features frowned in worry, and a hand rested in Hyunjin's hair. "I'm so sorry! Did you hit your head?"

Even if Hyunjin wanted to pretend how hurt she was for a bit longer, she couldn't, and burst out laughing. "I'm joking, Heejin."

Heejin's chin dropped, and the hand caressing her hair so tenderly moved to punch her bicep instead. "It isn't funny!"

"I'm sorry, but it really was."

The pout that appeared in Heejin's lips was so cute Hyunjin had to suppress the huge grin that wanted to rip off from hers. She sat up and rested a hand on Heejin's shoulder. "You did great."

And in the silence that followed, where Heejin seemed out of what to answer, Hyunjin caught on the other girls' murmurs among themselves.

"Can they get a room or something?" Yeojin said.

"Oh, they did already. They slept together tonight, and even though Hyunjin said they switched the other night, I know they didn't," Hyejoo said. "I woke up in the middle of the night and the couch was empty."

Hyunjin cleared her throat and got on her feet, pulling Heejin up with her, ignoring them as best as she could.

"No slacking off, everyone!" she told the others. "Go back to what you were doing."

"Sorry, teacher, but watching Heejin do that move on you was something we needed to witness," Jungeun said.

"You really didn't believe I could do it, did you?" Heejin crossed her arms.

"Oh, we knew you could! That's why we wanted to see Hyunjin get her ass kicked." Yeojin gave her a thumbs up.

Hyunjin dropped her chin. "Unbelievable. As if she would ever be able to do it under normal circumstances. I let her for training purposes."

Heejin's clenched fist punched her arm again.

"Will you stop punching me? If you want to practice that, use the punching bag!" Hyunjin whined.

"Will you stop being a proud ass?"

"Roasted," Chaewon mumbled.

"Back to training, guys, I won't repeat myself!" Hyunjin said, and the girls complied at last.