Chapter 8

Jungeun opened the door and looked to both sides.

"Take this." Jungeun turned to them, and handed them their phones. They mumbled a quick thanks and Jungeun dashed out the room.

Hyunjin sprinted after her, making sure Heejin followed behind. A couple vampires ran in the same direction, cursing under their breaths.

They followed Jungeun through the corridors, and as they stepped outside the building, Hyunjin halted, her eyes becoming huge.

Vampires and slayers fought everywhere. The amount of different scents was overwhelming, making Hyunjin dizzy. Slayers swung their silver weapons, and vampires fought back with their inhuman speed and strength.

Never in her life had Hyunjin witnessed a fight this big. The slashes of their weapons, the screams of either the vampires or slayers hitting, or getting hit. A vampire, just a few steps away from her side, jumped to a slayer, who with a quick reflex, turned and swung his sword, cutting through the vampire's chest. His body turned to ash, flying out with the wind.

"What are you doing?! Come on!" Jungeun shouted.

Hyunjin didn't have the time to worry about what was happening around her. "Where's Jiwoo?" she asked, looking around, trying to find her scent in the middle of the dozens, but it was almost impossible. "I can't track her scent."

"I know where she probably is." Jungeun resumed her run.

Before running after her, Hyunjin looked at Heejin. At the terror in her eyes, as they didn't blink, and were locked on the scene happening before them.

"Heejin! We need to go!"

But she didn't even seem to be listening. Hyunjin grabbed her wrist, gave it a little shake, and she finally snapped out of it and met Hyunjin's eyes.

"I know you're scared. Don't leave my side," Hyunjin said.

"Aren't we supposed to help? My friends are probably here!"

"But they have their weapons, and we don't. We can't do anything. Let's just go."

Heejin nodded, and without letting go of her wrist, Hyunjin took on a run after Jungeun, avoiding all the havoc happening around them.

They were approaching another building, Hyunjin ducking to avoid a flying slayer thrown by a vampire.

"Heejin!" A voice boomed behind them.

Hyunjin halted, and Heejin almost bumped into her. They turned, and when Hyunjin's eyes landed on the woman standing, staring at them, at Hyunjin, with the same anger in her eyes and her unmistakable rapier in hand, her whole being froze.

"Y-Yves?" Heejin's voice seemed like it came from the bottom of a well.

"Let go of her, vampire!"

She dashed to them, sword pointed at her, but Hyunjin couldn't move, and death flashed before her very eyes, just like it did that night.

Heejin jumped in front of Hyunjin, arms wide opened. "Stop!"

The woman halted, taking a step back, her eyes huge. "What are you doing, Heejin? Move!"

"No. I won't let you attack her."

"Heejin, what's gotten into you? She's a vampire! Is she threatening you?"

"She's different."

Hyunjin's heart hit so hard it deafened her for a second.

"What did you do to her, vampire?!" Yves shouted, her eyes meeting Hyunjin's, her anger so raw it hurt. But it was the fact that Yves didn't seem to even recognize Hyunjin like she did Yves that made her fists curl into balls.

When Blood Meets Silverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें