Chapter 33

About two hours later, after Haseul dropped Hyunjin and Heejin where they left Bumblebee the evening before, they arrived at Jiwoo's house. Jiwoo barely had time to open the door, as Hyunjin was already rushing to go check on her cats. They came from upstairs, meowing at them.

"My babies." Hyunjin sat on the floor, hugging them and petting their bellies.

Diana left Hyunjin's lap and ran to Heejin, rubbing her head in her ankles. Heejin smiled and grabbed the cat. "Hi, Diana."

As for Selene, she hissed at Heejin.

"Well, at least it's not only at me now," Hyejoo mumbled, giving Diana a few scratches behind her ears while glaring back at Selene.

"She doesn't like the smell of vampires. But then she gets used to it, eventually. She's just silly, aren't you, Selene?" Hyunjin squeezed her between her arms, and the cat thrashed in her embrace.

"She's gonna scratch your face if you keep doing that to her," Jungeun said.

Hyunjin shrugged. She was more than used to it already. They healed in seconds, anyway.

"Alright, everyone, eat, rest, sleep, whatever," Hyunjin said. "Please just take a break for today."

"Is it... really okay for us to rest?" Jiwoo asked.

"What do you intend to do? It's not like we can go back to the Silver Blades and ask if they need help, or if we could go and attack the Blood Alliance now. We need to think what to do next, but first, take the day to recover, in any way you prefer."

"I'm gonna go upstairs, then," Chaewon said, already on her way, and Hyejoo went after her.

Jungeun sighed, dropping her body on the couch. Jiwoo approached from behind, bending down to kiss the top of her head. "Text him."

"Hm?"

"I know you're worried about Yeonjun and Ryujin. Just text him."

"Didn't you guys find them?" Hyunjin asked.

"We tried to find them when we were looking for Heejin and Chaewon, but no sight of them," Jiwoo said.

"But you didn't feel him leave, did you, Jungeun?"

"No, but I'm still worried. For Ryujin as well."

"Try and reach them."

Jungeun nodded, fetching for her phone. Jiwoo sat next to her, head on her shoulder.

"I'm gonna go take a nice shower," Hyunjin said, heading for the stairs, looking behind at Heejin.

Without a word, she followed her. It was silent in the upper level. Maybe Chaewon went to sleep, and Hyejoo was just keeping her company.

Hyunjin stepped inside her room, and the second the door closed, Heejin's body hit hers from behind, her arms squeezing around her stomach. She smiled, resting her arms and hands on top of Heejin's.

"What is it, Heejinie?"

"I just want to be like this for a bit."

Fine by Hyunjin. But, Heejin kept on tightening the grip around her, maybe forgetting for a second that now, she was stronger.

"That hurts a bit," Hyunjin mumbled. "You're really strong."

Heejin let out a small gasp, letting go and taking a step back. Hyunjin turned, meeting her worried eyes.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't realize..."

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it. Do you already feel anything different?"