Chapter 38

What other info did you manage to get?" Vivi asked.

The girls were back at Vivi's office the next afternoon, a few hours before nightfall to discuss the plan.

"They're all back to the main hideout," Jungeun said. "Yeonjun found out that today, Jaebum and Jinyoung, the leader and his right arm, will have a meeting with some other higher ranks of the Alliance. It will happen in the main building, the third level."

Vivi tapped her chin. "What about all the other vampires?"

"Probably doing their own thing. Out for feeding, turning more people, training. I imagine they're investing on that front, judging from the losses they took."

"We should target Jaebum and Jinyoung," Hyunjin said. "If we know where they are, we should go straight to them."

"I agree." Vivi nodded. "Without their leaders, they will be more disorganized, and thus, weaker."

"But, how are we gonna manage to get closer without them noticing us? They're all vampires, they will sense us even before we approach the buildings," Chaewon asked.

"That's correct. But more people will be in the building, it's hard to find and sense new scents if you're surrounded with familiar ones," Hyunjin said.

"But they still would know if we, plus all of the Silver Blades try to sneak in," Heejin said. "It's useless knowing they will be there if we can't get to them before they have a chance to escape."

"Not if only a few of us infiltrate," Yves said, all eyes on her.

"Have an idea already?" Vivi smiled.

"Hyunjin, Heejin, Jiwoo, Jungeun." Yves turned to them. "You're fast and strong. You could go in and infiltrate, head to that room as fast as you can so they don't have much time if they detect you. The rest of us and the slayers will be waiting far outside, as scattered as we can, and we will do our best to conceal our scents. We can agree on a signal that lets us know we can step in."

"Wait." Hyunjin raised a hand. "You want us to go straight to them and kill them?"

"Isn't that the purpose? Focusing on the leader."

"I think it's a good idea. If anything goes wrong or if they manage to get away in time, we'll be heading toward the building already so we can look for them," Vivi said.

"I'll be by your side, Vivi," Yves said. "Hyejoo, will you be with me?"

Hyunjin eyed Hyejoo. The girl met Yves' eyes and nodded. "I will."

"What about me?" Chaewon frowned.

Vivi and Yves already knew she was a vampire now, it was the first thing they noticed when they arrived - that her hand was fully recovered and she wasn't hiding it anymore. Yves didn't have the same reaction as when she learned Heejin was one. This time, she listened to the reasoning, acknowledged and accepted it without any question.

"We have something in mind for you, Chaewon, and we believe you're going to like it."

The meeting was over, and now it was time to present the plan to the entirety of the Silver Blades. Hyunjin trembled from head to toe as she stood with the others behind Vivi on the big stage, with the eyes of countless slayers at them. Some frowned and had their arms crossed at their chests, clearly annoyed and not having any of what Vivi was saying. Others paid close attention, smiling as Vivi spoke about the plan.

"Here with us today, we have three of your older colleagues and friends. Heejin, Hyejoo, and Chaewon will fight by our side again, but this time, as vampires."