Chapter 37

Hyunjin's phone vibrated in her back pocket, distracting her for a second, enough for Heejin to successfully land a punch right in her face.

"Fuck, I'm so sorry!" Heejin gasped, and rushed to check on her.

Hyunjin let out a mix of a hiss from the pain and a chuckle, reaching for her phone while massaging her cheek. "Don't worry, my fault. Good punch, though."

[Hyejoo]
Come, she's ready

"Let's go, Chaewon's turned!" Hyunjin said, dashing to the door of the training house, and the others followed.

Sprinting, they reached Hyunjin's house in a few seconds. She barged the door open, marveling at Chaewon's eyes.

"Wow," Jiwoo mumbled behind them as they approached them.

"Have you fed?" Hyunjin asked.

Chaewon shook her head, and Hyunjin rushed to the kitchen to get a bottle. "Do it, it's time."

Eager hands stole the bottle from her hands, and she chugged the blood down in just a few gulps. No one could stop staring at her eyes - a beautiful shade between green and blue, like mint, a color Hyunjin had never seen in a vampire's eyes. She would never fully understand how vampires got their eye color, but somehow, they always seemed to perfectly suit the owner.

"How do you feel?" Hyunjin asked, taking the empty bottle from her hands.

"Better. Not sick anymore. When can I start training?"

Hyunjin chuckled. "Calm down, your senses will take longer to sharpen."

Hyejoo didn't let go of her hand for even a second, and kept staring at her girlfriend's eyes in pure awe.

"What am I supposed to do, then?"

"First, let your hand heal. It should take only a few hours. Then we can start."

"Chaewon's what?!" Yerim and Yeojin said at the same time.

Chaewon nodded with a proud smile. "Check this out." She closed her eyes, and a couple seconds after, mint orbs stared back at the girls.

"Holy shit!" Jinsol breathed, just as surprised

"Your hand, what about your hand?" Haseul widened her eyes at it.

The smile turned into a beam as Chaewon raised her right hand. "Good as new. Well, still missing two fingers, but it's healed. I can move it and it doesn't hurt anymore."

Haseul sighed, relaxing in her chair. "That's great."

Hyunjin observed from her armchair as Yerim and Yeojin bombarded Chaewon with questions - when, why, how, who did it. Chaewon took her time to explain, and it eventually got to the part about...

"You're together?!" Yerim gasped. "Like... for real, real?"

"Yes, we are." Hyejoo proudly held Chaewon's hand.

Yerim stared at them and sniffed, pretending to wipe a tear. "I'm so happy for you."

"I wonder who's next..." Hyunjin mumbled into the air, not being subtle looking at Jinsol.

"You!" Yeojin pointed at her.

Hyunjin irked an eyebrow, pointing at herself as well. "Me?" She shared a look with Heejin, who visibly contained a smile. "But... we are. Oh, wait, you didn't know."

Yeojin's chin dropped. "You are?!" She jumped on her feet and stomped her way to Hyunjin, smacking her wherever her small fists would land. "You didn't tell me, how did you expect me to know?!"