Chapter 15

I... need a shower so bad," Heejin said, dropping her tired, aching body to the couch.

"I think we all do," Hyejoo said.

"Good job, everyone. You all did amazing for the first day," Hyunjin said. "Jinsol is coming over for dinner, and she's bringing food. Go ahead and take your showers before she's here."

"I'll go first!" Heejin, Hyejoo, and Chaewon said at the exact same time, then exchanged looks.

"It's okay, you can go." Hyejoo urged Chaewon forward.

"No, you go."

"No, really, go first."

"But-"

"Let's just go instead." Heejin grabbed Hyunjin's hand.

Hyunjin was too surprised by her actions, so she let herself be dragged by Heejin, and without any other words, Heejin turned to the bathroom on that floor. Since the others didn't oppose, Hyunjin went upstairs and took her deserved shower. When she went back downstairs, Heejin was already there.

"Go ahead, the two of you." Hyunjin walked over to the living room. "But hurry, Jinsol must be arriving, and there's two more to go."

"Why don't you just shower together?" Heejin asked. "You do that all the time."

Chaewon and Hyejoo's eyes widened.

"Me and Jungeun do that as well." Jiwoo shrugged.

"I-Is it okay?" Hyejoo asked.

"Sure, it's much faster like that. Also, a tip, the tub upstairs is bigger."

Chaewon and Hyejoo glanced at each other and took off in a run upstairs, leaving a trail of giggles in the air. And without anything to add, Jungeun and Jiwoo occupied the other bathroom, leaving Heejin and Hyunjin alone, since Yeojin had already gone home as well.

"I forgive you for not trying the move on me today, but you will try it tomorrow," Hyunjin said, sitting next to Heejin on the big couch.

"Alright, I promise I will try. But on one condition."

Hyunjin irked an eyebrow. "Oh? And what is it?"

"Your piano isn't just for decoration, is it?"

"No."

"I want to hear you play it."

Hyunjin blinked. "You want me to play the piano for you?"

"Yes."

If that was what she wanted, it was actually a pretty easy request. Hyunjin stood up and moved to sit by the piano. She lifted the fall board and looked down at the keys. Positioning her fingers on the correct keys, she closed her eyes and let them play a song she knew too well – Debussy's Clair de Lune.

Words could not describe how much Hyunjin loved that masterpiece. She had played it so many times, she could play it all with her eyes closed. It was something she would always be proud of, and could show it to Heejin with her chest filled with pride and joy.

Five minutes later, she turned around to find Heejin sitting at the edge of the couch, lips a thin line and eyes somehow gleaming at her. Diana and Selene were both on Hyunjin's armchair, also staring at her.

Hyunjin didn't know if she was waiting for Heejin to say something, but she held her gaze with no words to say.

"S-Sorry, I..." Heejin finally talked. "I just wasn't expecting it."

"Was it good?"

"Good? Next to you, I'm a complete noob."

"You? You play the piano as well? I thought you played the guitar."