Chapter 11

"Heejin!" Hyunjin shouted, darting forward.

Jiwoo and Heejin gasped as Hyunjin grabbed on the girl's neck and sweatshirt, pulling her away from Heejin, from sinking her now fully grown teeth onto her neck, and the blonde girl shrieked. A second later, Jungeun appeared from behind the girl, holding on to her arms to keep her in place. She thrashed against their grip, her grey eyes focused on Heejin, grunting as her teeth wanted to desperately sink into human skin.

"Hyejoo!" the blonde girl cried. "It's us!"

"Bring a bottle, fast!" Hyunjin yelled, staring directly into her eyes – the eyes of a turned vampire whose conscience was quickly fading.

Jiwoo appeared a few seconds after, the bottle shaking between her trembling hands.

"Feed her, fast! She's losing it!" Hyunjin said, increasing her grip on her.

With difficulty, Jiwoo opened the bottle and tried to bring it to Hyejoo's mouth, but she struggled, growling something incoherent and trying to reach for Heejin and the blonde girl, Chaewon.

"Jungeun, let's take her down! On my count, one, two..."

And the next second, they pushed Hyejoo to the ground, Hyunjin pinning her down, with Jungeun still holding her arms.

"Don't hurt her, please!" Chaewon cried.

"Jiwoo, now!" Jungeun said, pressing Hyejoo's arms down with her knees and using her hands to keep her head in place instead.

Jiwoo nodded and kneeled, and taking the bottle to her lips, she jugged the liquid down her throat. The second the blood entered her mouth, Hyejoo calmed down and stopped struggling against their grip.

The bottle emptied in mere seconds, and Hyejoo's eyes went shut as she finished drinking it.

"I-Is she alright?" Chaewon asked, her high-pitched voice barely a whisper.

"She will be," Jungeun said.

Hyunjin couldn't come up to say a word. She peeked back, at Heejin, and the sight pained her whole being. The hurt in the way she looked at Hyejoo, the way she was the one squeezing Chaewon's hand.

One of her friends, one from that same night where they first met, had been turned.

Hyejoo's eyes shot open, and with it, the struggling came back.

"Hyejoo!" Chaewon rushed to their side, kneeling beside her.

"Back away," Hyunjin told Jungeun, as she got up on her feet.

Hyejoo could barely sit up as Chaewon threw herself at her with her arms around her shoulders, and the sobs were back. "Are you okay?"

"What happened?" Hyejoo asked, hugging her back and hiding her face in her neck.

Hyunjin let her head drop back, her eyes staring at the morning sky. She closed them for a couple seconds, taking in a deep, long breath.

"Get inside, everyone," she said, leading the way.

Jinsol was still standing by the door. "You did well."

"What in the moon is going on, Jinsol?"

Jinsol rested a hand on her shoulder, giving her a reassuring smile. "I don't know. But whatever it is, you can handle it."

"You can go now."

"No, I'll stay. If you want, of course."

"Please, do."

Jungeun and Chaewon stepped inside first, both helping Hyejoo walk, with each of her arms around their shoulders, and Jiwoo followed behind. Heejin still stood frozen, in the exact same spot.