Chapter 19

About an hour later, as expected, Jinsol's car slowed down. Hyunjin stopped Bumblebee and watched as Jiwoo got off the car and went to open the gate to the private property at the end of the road, past the other houses. Jinsol started the car again, and Hyunjin followed through the dirt road with trees surrounding the area. Quite similar to Hyunjin's place, but Jiwoo's house was even bigger, and a beautiful piece of modern architecture.

"Is this a mansion?" Hyejoo asked as she got off Jinsol's car.

Jiwoo shook her head. "No, no, but there is enough space for everyone, so, don't worry!"

"We're certainly not," Chaewon said.

Hyunjin hopped off and took off her helmet, turning to Heejin. She extended a hand and Heejin accepted the help to hop off as well.

"You okay?" Hyunjin asked.

"Y-Yeah."

Hyunjin irked an eyebrow. "Was the ride bad? I tried to drive as careful as I could."

"It was okay."

"Are you scared of motorbikes?"

"Not that I'm scared, but I've never been very fond of them."

"You could have said so, and I would ask someone else to come with me-"

"No! No, really, it's fine."

"Is your arm okay?"

"Yeah, I wasn't really moving it."

"Hyunjin, help me carry our stuff inside, please," Jungeun called.

"Going," Hyunjin answered. "Did Selene give you a hard time?"

"She calmed down a bit after!" Jiwoo said. "I'm gonna go ahead to open the door and let them out."

Jiwoo came back after to carry her things, while the others followed. Wows filled the room as they stepped inside, one after the other, all heads turning to take a look around. It was a spacious living room, the white walls and wooden floor giving off a cozy and inviting vibe. And even though no one had lived there for a while, it didn't look too dirty, and it smelled like lavender. Diana and Selene wandered around, exploring the whole space.

A big TV sat right on the wall ahead, above it a modern fireplace, and around it, three leather, black couches. At the left side, against the wall, there was a staircase leading to the second floor, and the kitchen, under the second floor's balcony.

"I've been here a couple weeks ago to clean the house, so it's probably not too dusty, but I'm sorry if it is! I can clean everything tomorrow," Jiwoo said.

"We'll help you, don't worry," Hyejoo said.

"Thank you! You have a toilet behind the kitchen, and the rooms are on the upper floor," Jiwoo said. "There's my room, the used-to-be-my-parents' room, that now is empty, except for the bed and basic furniture, and the office. We can set a mattress on the floor of the office, and we all have a bed to sleep. The house is pretty much empty since my mom and dad died."

"It's beautiful," Jinsol was still in awe.

"It was my dad who designed it," Jiwoo said, and everyone's attention shifted to her. "He was an architect, and he always had a deep love for western architecture."

"And he just... left the house he did himself?" Heejin asked.

"I guess this house brought him lots of memories he couldn't live with. Maybe some of me, but of my mom especially."

Silence followed, as if no one knew how to answer.

"Don't look so sad, it's alright, everyone! They're together again, somewhere happy." Jiwoo smiled. "Let's go upstairs and choose the rooms."