Chapter 13

Text
"How's she?" Chaewon asked as soon as Hyunjin stepped inside.

"Feeling better. But I still left her alone for now, so she can organize her thoughts."

Chaewon sighed. "Thank you again, Hyunjin."

Heejin stood up and grabbed hers and Chaewon's empty bowls.

"I can do that, you go and rest or go play with Chaewon."

"You already cooked, so it's only fair."

"This is my house, my rules."

Heejin's chin dropped. "Wow, okay, I see," she said, pretending to me mad, but Hyunjin could clearly see how she fought back a smile.

"Exactly. Now go." Hyunjin stole the things from Heejin's hands, moving to the sink.

And as she washed the dishes and cleared the table, Hyunjin couldn't help but peek at Heejin from time to time, as she sat with Chaewon and talked about what they should do for the day.

"Let's just play all day," Chaewon said. "Or watch movies."

"Or an anime!"

Hyunjin snorted as she finished drying up the dishes. "Like what, Vampire Knight?" she asked, walking to sit on her armchair.

"Oh, are we watching vampire movies?" Chaewon suggested.

"As long as it's not Twilight," Hyunjin said.

"They're not bad!"

"Do I look like I shine to you? I'm a vampire, not a fairy."

"Just ignore that part."

"Why would you want to watch vampire movies?"

"We used to watch a lot of them when we were younger," Heejin said. "You know, when I found out about vampires, I watched movies and shows to know more about them."

"The only thing that's accurate about all that junk is that we drink blood." Hyunjin rolled her eyes.

"Every movie or show about vampires portrays them in different ways."

"I know, I've watched many as well. And none of those ways are completely realistic."

Silence won for a few moments.

"So, are we watching Twilight?" Chaewon broke the silence.

"If we're to rest today, watching movies is a good idea. Where did Jiwoo and Jungeun go?" Heejin asked.

"I don't think they would want to watch Twilight, anyway..." Hyunjin mumbled.

"Let's play while we wait for Hyejoo, then." Chaewon reached for the controllers, giving one to Heejin. "Wanna join us?" she asked Hyunjin.

Hyunjin shrugged. "Sure, why not."

Chaewon started the same racing game she was playing with Hyejoo before, Mario Kart. And she didn't expect it to be so much fun.

Hyunjin thought if it was okay to be relaxed like that. But, what could they do? She was the one deciding that the training would only start the next day, and after everything that happened in the previous days, they deserved some rest and time to relax. It was not like they could do anything at that exact moment, so she forced those worries to the back of her mind and focused on the game.

The door opened, and the second Hyejoo came into view, Chaewon threw the controller away and ran to her, jumping to her embrace.

Hyunjin observed, aware of the smile growing on her lips. She wasn't sure yet about what their relationship was, but she could see how much they loved and cared about each other. And with that thought, her eyes wandered to Heejin. She also stared at them, but she probably felt Hyunjin's eyes on her, so she met her stare. Hyunjin looked away, clearing her throat.