Chapter 1

"Get up, wakey, wakey," Ugh who can be waking me up at such a time. "C'mon sweetie you have to get up i made some delicious pancakes!" Oh it's mom.

I almost forgot she's sleeping over. I yawn, "Good morning mom.." I say as I open my eyes, lights come through the windows as she opens the curtains.

"I decided to make some breakfast since it's the last day of me staying here! "Thank you, but I might want to read for a bit," I sigh as I get out of my bed. "Ok, but come outside before it gets cold!" She says with a big smile on her face, my mom is a wonderful person!

I get a book and sit down, she is so amazing but shes very lonely, her and my dad split up when i was 13 over an argument..I guess it tore our family because I stayed with my mom and he took my little brother, but we still see them!

My parents were very much in love. They met in high school, in 11th grade. But mom said dad was a huge dick to her at first and then they became friends. Mom started getting feelings and asked him out.

He said no.

So she kept trying until at prom, she was lonely. Dad had a girlfriend tho but I don't know what happened with them. He saw she was lonely and asked her to dance.

Anyways, as I open the book I hear my phone ring and lean over to get it, oh it's Mateo! Mateo has been my best friend since we were in kindergarten! But he lives an hour away yet he's coming down this weekend!

"Hey Mateo!" I say while I put my bookmark in the book as I can tell I'm not gonna get to read, "Hola Ivy, guess what I found!" he says yet Mateo has a sleepy voice so most likely he is tired. "What did you find!?" I say as I can tell it's something good.

"Two kittens! One for you and one for me?"oh my god!, "I would love to take that offer knowing how much we both love cats but my little cat would get jealous." I rub my forehead.

"I know but who am I gonna give the other one too?" He sounds disappointed, hmm, OH I know! "Too my brother, you guys may not be that close but he also lives cats! Plus my father and him won't mind you going over there!", "Great Idea, thanks amor!"

Amor is something he calls everyone, or princess, so cheesy! Anyways lemme go eat my pancakes.

____

Ok, so I skipped everything and right now i'm taking my mom to my dads house because she is going to see my brother Eli! "Ahh, I'm so excited I haven't seen my son in a week!" She sighs with happiness.

"Mom! Your crazy, you have such attachment issues," I laugh as she puts on music. I mean my parents are south asian, which south asian parents doesn't have attachment issues to their children.

"I am not! You guys are my babies, ugh just a day ago you were 1 years old, but your jackass of a father wants to be such a JERK, I will literally slap him for my babies!" I laugh, seeing my mom happy makes me the happiest person ever!

_____

"Hey dad!" I say as i get in the house hugging him and my mom looks at him and they stick the middle finger up to each other, ugh they do this every time!

"ELI" I yell and he comes running down, Eli is 19 and I'm 22, 3 years age gap. Eli also really loves books and cats so we do have much in common.

"Ugh, I missed you so much!" I say as I go into a hug. I haven't seen him in so long!
Dad and mom both stare at each other and mom rolls her eyes, Dad just sticks out his tongue, oh Mom bouta get mad!

"Mom!" Eli says as he knows whats about to happen, "How have you been?". She was about to say something but he went to her, so she calms down. "Omg, I haven't seen you in a long time!" She says as she brings him to the kitchen to talk.

I stare at my father giving him the 'you need to shut your mouth sometimes' look. He knows exactly what I mean and laughs as we go into the kitchen. "Eli, you and Ivy should go to get some coffee together tomorrow!" Mom says as if I'd be staying here.

"How would they do that when Ivy isn't staying here!?" Dad says looking like he wants to get slapped.

"Oh shut up Malvik!, but.. you are right"

"I'm always right"

"You know thats a lie!"

Oh here they go about to start a fight, I grab Eli and we run upstairs laughing. "Their so dramatic" he says plopping down on his bed, "Very," I also say plopping down in his chair, as I feel a box under my feet and pick it up.

"Don't open that!" he says but I already did seeing my sneakers.

"Why do you have my sneakers?" I look up at him confused. "It isn't your sneakers, my friend gave me it!" I already know who it is! He has a friend who gives him stuff. Shes 1/2 months pregnant!

She gives Eli stuff that are new and she never wore which I think is really cool because growing up Mateo was my only real friend yet he had lots of friends and still does, so lucky!

____

First chapter ahh!
It is so nice to meet everyone even tho this isnt really meeting each other..🫡