Chapter 42

I wake up, to nobody in bed. I had took a nap, now it's 7:00. Silas hadn't come home last night, he probably was at work. Right now, he's probably out with his father, since he said he had plans with him. Stella, on the other hand, was getting the party ready at some place. Allie walks in the room and I almost fall of the bed. "Oops, sorry!" she laughs placing a cup of tea down.

"Gosh, you scared me!" I smile, taking the tea. "Grow some balls!" she says shaking her head. "Hey, I am very brave!" I say taking a sip of my tea. "No your not. Your like a little dog around Silas," she says taking a seat besides me.

I nod my head, it sure seemed like I was. "Luke is downstairs, digging through the gifts you and him got Silas to make sure everything is perfect." she says sighing, playing with her necklace. "Hey, how are you guys doing anyways.." I ask, placing the cup of tea down. "We aren't on talking terms, he acts like i'm just a normal worker, so I act like he's a normal boss that I have to take orders for." she shrugs.

"It's not really like him, you know. I actually knew him before he ever knew me, but I always hid." she rests her head on my shoulder. "He didn't speak with you?" I say resting my head on hers. "No, why?" she responds as we both look at the wall. I shake my head, he was supposed to talk to her.

"So, I heard you got boss matching bracelets. He's getting old." she laughs, I also laugh. "He's only turning 26!" I say looking through my phone. "Anyways, how old is Luke?" I ask, "He's also 26, his birthday passed." she says and I nod. "So how old are you?" I take a sip of my tea.

"23." she says, tying her hair in a ponytail.

"Now, we have to get you ready for a birthday!" she says helping me up. "Okay, but I have to shower first!" I say grabbing my towel and she nods.

_____

Lucia had picked out this dress, she shipped it to our house

Lucia had picked out this dress, she shipped it to our house. At first I didn't really like it or think it was my style but I put it on and Allie fixed me up, I love it!

"You look gorgeous!" Allie claps as I get off the chair. "I wouldn't have done it without you," I smile, grabbing sparkly heels that I didn't even know I had. Well, I didn't have them. Apparently, the maids had redone a closet for me before I moved in here.

I grab a puffer jacket because it isn't the warmest outside even though it's august! Like, who needs a puffer jacket in august.

I grab my purse and phone, walking downstairs to see Luke waiting. He hops off the counter and a old cleaner named Gwen hits him with her broom. "Ai, Luke! What have I told you about putting your behind on the counter?" she shouts chasing Luke who is laughing and running around the kitchen island.

They both spot me when I let out a laugh and stand up straight. "Sorry mam!" Gwen says bowing and Luke says jokingly. "Ahh, Gwen. You don't need to bow!" I say standing her back up properly. "Well, let's go!" Luke says, I grab the gifts and head out the door with him.