Chapter 27

Lucia had already left, me and Allie are currently eating popcorn on the couch and watching a movie. At first she freaked out saying she would get in trouble, you know the usual. But she ended up giving in.

Allie also helped me get rid of the hickey, a little. It was almost fully gone!

I hear the door clack open and turn around to see Silas. His face was emotionless. I look at Allie and she gives me the Go! look.

I get up and run to Silas following him to his office. "How was your day!" A smile beamed on my face. He sat in his chair silently, looking at papers.

"Silas? What's wrong?" I ask going to sit down. "Get out." he says in a harsh tone, I look at him confused.

"Are you okay?" I ask trying to touch his hair. "God dammit Ivy, listen for once. I said get out, what don't you understand!" he stands up and shouts.

I stand up looking at him confused, god I am not dealing with this today. I head towards the door and come out of the office, running downstairs.

"Catherine, what is Silas's favorite dessert?" I say walking into the kitchen. "A small piece of strawberry cake!" she smiles, I nod my head.

"Allie, I am going grocery shopping. If anyone asks where I am, tell them you don't know," I say going up the stairs, I see her nod.

I go to the room and put on sweats with a random shirt, grabbing my bag and walking downstairs.

I walk out of the house, to be honest, the grocery store wasn't far. Maybe 9 blocks down, I really need a walk.

My mom taught me how to make strawberry cake at least when I was, 6?

_____

I get to the grocery store and grab a basket. I need cake flour, aisle 4. I grab that and some baking powder right by it.

I go to aisle 7 for unsalted and granulated butter, whole eggs, milk, and vanilla. Where is the heavy cream at? Oh, aisle 12! I walk to aisle 12 and pick up heavy cream, powdered sugar.

Are you serious! I have to go back to aisle 7 for cream cheese and strawberries. I grab what I need and walk to the cash register.

"Hello!" I say while putting down the ingredients I had. "Hi!" the old lady smiles, she starts scanning my stuff and putting it in a bag. "24.56!" she says and I pull out my wallet, i'll use Silas's card since I didn't have any money.

I swipe the card and she gives me the receipt, I walk out the grocery store and start walking.

____

Finally, I am done making the cake! Let me just put in a plate and give it to Silas, oops I almost forgot the fork. When I got home, Allie said Silas was freaking out and asking everyone where I was.

When I got home I changed back to my pajamas, obviously I showered! I didn't want to get germs on me. I walk upstairs to his office and gently open the door.