Last night in Paris

We arrived at our parents house, for some reason Soap rather be here than my apartment.
Ghost parked the car in the driveway, he turned back and looked at me.

"Hey, are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah, just a bit sore but I'll pull it off."

"Okay, just.. uh, let's keep this between us for now, is that alright?"

I looked at him through the mirror,

"Yeah, of course." I sighed and fidgeted with my thumbs. I know it wouldn't be such a good idea to say anything right now, I mean.. we did rush into things a bit too fast and knowing Soap he won't take it very kindly, not with the whole mission stress bullshit. It just kind of sucks having to keep this a secret, I mean it's not like we're dating right now.

"What's the matter?"

"It's nothing."

"Y/N, I know it's not just nothing." I watched him get out of the car and open my door, he leaned over and held my hand.

"What is it?"

"I just, I hate having to pretend like we don't do stuff outside of everything else, I know we're not like together or anything but it still just sucks."

"Look at me."

I looked up into his eyes as told.

"I know it sucks right now, but trust me, it's for the better. I know I can't really be saying shit right now because I literally just fucked you in the back of m-"

I quickly covered his mouth with my hand.

"Ghost! Keep your voice down!" I mumbled and looked past the window making sure nobody was around, I took my hand off.

"My bad."

We chuckled.

"As I was saying though, I can't really be saying much but we should take a step back and try to take things a bit slower."

"Yeah you definitely can't be talking." I giggled.

"But I understand Ghost and I agree."

He helped me out of the car as I made sure my clothes were on properly.

"I'm sure Soap is gonna ask a bunch of questions, we're 15 minutes late."

"Soap can cry about it." I rolled my eyes as we walked inside.

I stepped in and took my shoes off as Price and Shepherd greeted us,

"Y/N, THAT BETTER BE YOU!" Soap shouted from across the house.

Soap came into the dining room area where we had been, he hugged me.

"I was getting worried about you."

"Why would you be worried?"

"Because you were late.. and.."

He turned to look at Ghost,

"I told you to bring her back on time."

"Sorry sir."

"Soap, come on, I had to stop by Lizzie's, it's not his fault."

Soap looked back over,

"Well I suppose, anyways, let's all relax while we enjoy our last moments in Paris for.. who knows how fucking long!" We all laughed and gathered around.

Konig sat at the dining table chattering, Price was in the kitchen pouring drinks and who knows how many he had taken by now.

I walked to the bar counter and sat on the stool.

"What can I help you with on this fine evening young lady?" Price forced a playful French Accent

"hmm.. I'll take some of the JB." I played along

"Good choice, seems like that's all we have left." He held my hand and kissed it as I jokingly placed my hand on my lips faking a blush.

He poured my drink and placed it Infront of me,

"Bonjour." I winked and took a sip.

He winked back and poured Shepherd a drink as well.

Soap came up to me and placed his hand on my shoulder startling me a bit, I choked on my whiskey and looked at him.

"Hey! You should see if you can find dad's big speaker in the exercise room, this place could definitely use some music right now!"

"I'll go see if I can find it." I quickly downed the rest of my drink and set it down.

"Thanks lil Sis."

I hopped off the stool as he took my spot, I walked down the hallway to the large spiral staircase leading upstairs. As I walked down the hallway I noticed the theatre room's door was cracked open a bit, I paused and walked up to the door and slowly opened it. I peaked inside, the room was extremely dark but I could make out a figure sitting in the front row hunched over. I walked in and quietly closed the door behind me, I walked down the isle and down the same row, as I got closer I could make out who it was. I sat down next to them in silence.

"Ghost?"

I looked at him in concern as he blankly just staired into the big screen, I looked at the screen and back at him.

"There's nothing playing, did you drink too much?"

Ghost slowly turned and looked at me, his eyes were so dark and shot right through me.

"Ghost...?" He was actually starting to scare me a bit.

He looked down at his feet and rested his face in his hands.

I rubbed his back.

"Ghost, you can talk to me."

Silence.

"I tell you the truth when you ask what's the matter with me, so please."

Ghost rubbed his hands aggressively down his face, he placed his arms on his legs crossing his fingers together.

"I'm just having a moment, I'm fine."

"Ghost, you're not fine. What's on your mind?"

"You don't want to ever ask me that."

I didn't know how to respond to that.

"Why do you always stare at tv screens?" I guess that's a starting question, the one that's always been on my mind.

"I suppose I'm just used to it."

"What do you mean?"

He looked at me and sighed.

"If you really want to know then fine, but it's going to be ugly."