Separated

It's been a couple weeks since my mom was hospitalized and I found out who the father to my baby was. My mom had all her hair shaved off recently, it was definitely an emotional time but we were all there for her. I've been on such an emotional roller coaster and Ghost has to be aboard on another mission, meaning we have to leave, or he does at least.

I opened the curtains and looked out at the beautiful city view, I've taken time to figure out how I'm gonna tell Ghost the news. I don't know if he's gonna he upset, leave me or simply just be speechless, I hope he will understand my situation.

I heard the door open and close, I could hear footsteps coming down the hallway. Ghost came into the bedroom and plopped down on the bed, I looked over at him and smiled.

"How was it?"

"Your dad still seems to be iffy but your mom really enjoyed the flowers."

"That's good to hear."

I sat down at the bottom of the bed and sighed.

"What was that for?"

"There's something I've been needing to tell you."

"Okay?"

He stood up and faced me, giving me full attention, this is serious.

"I don't know how to tell you."

"Just day it."

"I don't know how you're gonna react." I frowned.

Ghost scooted closer to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder pulling me in.

"Y/N, you can tell me anything, you know this."

"I know, but this.. this is different."

"Take your time."

"I've taken my time."

We sat there in silence for a couple minutes until I built up enough courage to just spit it out.

"You're a father Simon."

He stared at me almost as if I was joking.

"What?"

"I'm pregnant."

It wasn't the reaction I was hoping for but it was better than him walking away, I think he's more in shock than anything. He's a bit upset I didn't tell him sooner but he understood why I didn't, it's hard to tell how he even feels about being a father, or if he's even ready. He doesn't say anything about it, he doesn't even express any emotion so I don't really know anymore. He returned to base and I stayed back here with my mom, we agreed to not say anything to anyone else until he actually could grip what i had told him. I'm a bit hurt by his reactions but I also know him well and I don't blame him. Hopefully he'll take this time to really think things over and give me answers, hopefully this doesn't effect us.