Who's the father?

I cried with her for a few minutes until we both couldn't anymore.

"Do you know who's baby it is?"

"No. I haven't seen a doctor yet, I have an appointment."

"Y/N you're in a hospital right now, you need to see someone."

"I know but I have an appointment already."

"You need to see someone immediately, do they know you're pregnant?"

"No. I haven't told a single soul but you, the doctor appointment was to examine me and everything."

"You need to go see someone about the baby, you know this."

"I know mama it's just that.. well.. I'm scared?"

"I know sweetheart but you must."

"What if it's not his?"

I once again teared up at the thought of the baby not being his.
Suddenly the door opened, I looked over to see the doctor walking in with a nurse behind him. I wiped away my tears and forced a smile as he apologized for barging in.

"We're going to need to take another blood test, is that alright with you?"

"Yes."

I moved out of the way as the nurse brought some supplies and drew blood.

"You must be.."

"I'm Y/N, her daughter."

"ah! Very nice to meet you Y/N, you're mother has been incredibly strong through these times."

"Indeed." I chuckled

He patted my shoulder and smiled reassuring me.

"All done."

The nurse cleaned her up, she stood up and exited the room.

"We'll hopefully come back within a couple hours to discuss your lab results."

"Thank you, oh also, Y/N here needs to see someone."

"Oh?"

He looked at me, I looked at my mom and back at him.

"I don't really, I'm alright."

"No, she's pregnant."

I looked over at the wide open door and hushed her.

"Mom!!"

"Sorry!"

The doctor looked confused, I sighed.

"She's right, I just haven't seen anyone yet."

"Is there an issue with the pregnancy, unrelated pains?"

"I don't know who the father is." I lowered my voice trying to keep quiet.

"I see, my schedule right now is very booked but we have an emergency walk in available, you should go back to the front desk and check in."

"Okay."

A few minutes had passed, everyone was gathered back in the room. I awkwardly stood next to Ghost not knowing if he had heard or not.

"I'm gonna go use the restroom."

"Do you need me to come with you?"

"No, just stay here please?"

"Okay."

I exited the room and shut the door. I paced back and forth thinking whether or not to find out yet. God this is so hard, I need to know but I just don't want too.

"Is everything alright?" A nurse stopped by and asked

"I need to see a doctor, for me."

"Okay, can you wait right here for a moment while I go grab someone?"

"Mhm."

I sat on the chair as I watched her pace down the hall. I bit my fingernails anxiously and tapped my foot. What am I doing, I'm not ready for this, I never will be. I'm fucking terrified. What if it's not his? What the hell can I do? What will he think? Is he even ready for a baby? Am I ready for one?

I spaced out for who knows how long until a doctor had tapped on my shoulder and regained my consciousness.

"Ma'am?"

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"Don't be, come with me this way." she smiled

I followed her as she would look back making sure I was alright still, we entered a room as she had me hop up on the bed. She rolled her chair next to me and had a pen and clipboard in her hand.

"Alright, can I get a name to start with?"

"Y/N."

"Hello Y/N, I'm Rose, what seems to be the issue?"

I looked down at my stomach

"I'm pregnant and I don't know who the father is."

"Thank you for telling me that, I know it's not easy. From the current situation, you want to know who the father is, correct?"

"Yes."

"Do you know when you first noticed signs of pregnancy?"

"I uh.. I feel like there were signs but I never really paid attention until just recently. I took a test and it was positive."

"Alright, may I take a poke at your stomach?"

I nodded, I lied back on the bed as she felt around my stomach.

"Do you have a current significant other?"

"Yes."

"Was he the last person you had sex with?"

"No." My heart sank.

"When was the last time you and your significant other have any intercourse?"

"I don't remember."

"Alright, you can sit up."

I sat back up as she wrote a few things down.

"You don't have a noticeable stomach just yet so these are still very early stages of pregnancy. Although just by poking around I can feel the tenderness."

"You can determine the father though right?"

"In fact we can, we will need to run a lab on you to do so but it's a painless process and no harm done to you or the baby."

"Okay."

"I apologize if this is a sensitive question but is your current partner aware of your pregnancy?"

"No."

As much as I hate keeping it from him I just can't say anything until I know who the father is.

"Okay, thank you for being honest. Due to medical records, notes must be added but that's only between us and you."

"Okay."

"Will you be alright waiting here for just a bit until I can get some assistance?"

"Yeah."

"Awesome, I will be back and we can get started, we're fairly packed so it might be a bit of a wait."

She smiled and left the room, I lied back down and stared at the ceiling.

Fuck, I don't wanna do this shit right now. What am I gonna do.