Happy Days

IK YOU GUYS BEEN WANTING MORE, SO HERE YOU GO!! 🫶
COMMENT WHAT GENDER YOU THINK THE BABY WILL BE.

On the way back home I was completely silent, I had nothing to say, I couldn't even think straight. I stared out the window watching the trees fly by. Ghosts hand squeezes my thigh, I look over at him and he glances at me.

"It's gonna be okay, Y/N, I promise you."

I stay quiet still, I feel like I'm having one of those dreams where I'm screaming as loud as I can but no sound is coming out. We arrive back home and Simon helps me into the house, I feel bad for what seems like silent treatment.

"Is there anything you'd like to eat?" He asks while his palm rubs my back.

I nod my head, no.

"You haven't eaten since yesterday, at least a sandwich."

He's already getting the stuff out to make a sandwich before I can give an answer, as if I even could. I make my way to the bedroom and sit down on the edge of the bed, slowly, tears trinket down my face until I'm sobbing. Simon rushes into the bedroom, he sits down next to me as I lie into his lap. He wraps himself around me and doesn't let go.

It's been a couple weeks since my mother's death, we decided to have a private funeral with only a couple close relatives and friends. Simon has been my biggest support, I can't thank him enough.

I awake from my slumber and Simon is sitting on the edge of the bed looking down at me.

"Good morning", he kisses my stomach.

I smile and pull myself up, "I need to use the bathroom."

He helps me up and I walk to the bathroom, as I rinse my face with cold water I suddenly feel a wave of water fall from underneath me, it takes me aback and I don't realize what happened until moments after. My eyes widen in shock.

"Simon!" I shout.

The door swings open as he takes in the scene, I look at him still in shock myself.

"Shit, we need to get you to the hospital!"

I cover my mouth but can't help hide the grin and happy tears form in my eyes. Simon helps me dress and get into the car comfortably. I immediately call Soap as we drive to the hospital.

"Y/N? It's so early, what's going on?" Soap says through the speaker

"My water broke!!!" I squeak excited yet nervous.

"Holy shit, have you said anything to dad? I'm at his place still."

"Not yet, is he awake?"

"No, do you want us to come?"

I look over at Simon, "I'm not sure, I'll let you know what the doctors say first."

"I'm gonna be a fucking uncle, this is so unreal."

"We're almost there, I gotta go, I'll call you back later!" I hang up.

We arrive at the hospital and the nurses situate me in a private labor room, they do scans to ensure the health of the baby and give me some medicine to help with the pain. After about an hour, a younger lady comes in holding a clipboard, she checks the heart monitor and writes stuff down.

"How are you feeling?" She asks

"Nervous" I admit, I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm super excited, but a part of me just can't help from being nervous. What if something goes wrong? What if the baby doesn't make it? What if I don't make it? Oh god.

"Understandable. From what I hear, this is your first?" She looks at Simon and back to me.

I nod my head.

"Okay. It's completely okay to feel nervous, especially for your first. We will provide you with assistance throughout labor and birth. For the medication, does it seem to be helping?

"Yes"

"Awesome. Well, I do have some good news, from the feedback, it seems that your baby is at a good breathing rate and isn't having any issues. Things can change through the birthing process so I do have to warn you before hand, just in case. Precautions and mental preparation for the worst is advised, not to scare you or anything dear." She smiles, even though it doesn't do much to ease my nervousness.

"Okay, do you know how long it'll be?"

"We can't say the exact time, but it could happen within 24 hours. We will keep you under supervision, even throughout the night. If you need anything, make sure to press the button here." She points at the button on the side of the bed.

"Thank you."

She smiles and then looks at Simon,

"Any questions?"

I look at Simon, he nods his head and she leaves the room. I let out a sigh as Simon pulls his chair closer. He gathers my hands in his and he rests his head on the bedside.

"Simon, there's no going back on this, this is it."

He looks up at me and nods.

"I know. I'm just not sure what to do about work. I can't risk my life knowing I have a baby and a wife at home."

"I'm sure Price will understand."

"He will, but that means I'm off the team."

"That's a sacrifice you're willing to take. I took that sacrifice and I'm here having your.. our child."

He softly smiles then kisses my hand.

"What will we name.. him or her?"

"Hmm.. I haven't really thought about it much. I mean, I have, but it's hard when I haven't gotten to see what fits."

"True.. so, we wait?" He asks

"We wait." I smile.