Introducing Him

I sat in the back seat as Ghost & Soap were in the front. I fiddled with the back of the seat as I stared at Ghost in the mirror, he caught a glimpse of me staring at him so I quickly looked down as a smile smeared across my face.

"Not to break the silence or anything but how are you feeling Ghost?" Soap nudged him

I looked back up waiting for a response.

"Not sure."

My smile faded, I wasn't too fond of the his response. Soap looked at me in the mirror and nudged ghost again.

"Come on, its gotta be a bit exciting?"

"I've never done this before."

"Well how's it feel being the first time?"

"Ahem, and last." I had to mention

"ehm.. are you really going to keep asking me these dumb questions about how I feel?"

I roll my eyes and look out the window, soap and ghost keep talking as I space out while looking and remembering a lot of childhood memories in places we passed.

"Y/N coming up on the left is the ice cream shop."

I refocus and quickly look out the left window as we drive by the ice cream shop. They had my favorite strawberry cheesecake ice cream and I would wake Soap up every Sunday morning when my parents weren't home just so he could bring me. Growing up was tricky, my dad was strictly vegan and he never allowed us kids to have ice cream or cake or even candy, although it helped me be extremely healthy it honestly always made me sad.

"Oh my god Soap remember when dad found my ice cream cup in the living room that one time." I giggled

"Yes!! I got my ass chewed out for that!" His face lit up as he chuckled

After a few minutes later we pulled up to the gate of my parents house, Soap rolled down the window and reached out pressing the security buttons. The gate slowly opened as we drove closer, I saw my mom walk outside with a little puppy in her arms.

"AWE OH MY GOD!!"

Soap parked and I jumped out and ran to my mom as she put the puppy down, I knelt and petted him.

"when did you get a puppy?!!"

"Your father got me him as a gift for Christmas."

"He doesn't like dogs though?"
I know that for a fact, nor did our dad ever let us have pets, only a fucking fish but it lived for only a few months.

"Yeah.. that's something we can discuss later."

"Is dad okay?" I stood up as soap and ghost walked up.

"He's okay yes." She smiled and reached her arms out as she hugged Soap. I stood there awkwardly and looked at Ghost as I showed him the puppy.

"Where's father?"

"He's inside, come on in."

She picked up the puppy as we followed her inside. Walking through the door just hit me with so many memories, I hadn't been back home in forever. I could tell Ghost felt very awkward so I held his hand as we entered the kitchen. There dad was eating grapes out of his same old bowl, him and Soap hugged as I just yet again stood there awkwardly, he looked at me.

"Come give me a hug dear."

I smiled and hugged him. He looked at Ghost and back at me, I scratched my head. Very awkward.

"Who is this?"

"Dad this is Simon but we call him Ghost."

"Is he"—