Connected

It was silent the whole entire way back to base. I was upset and heartbroken about the news. Why didn't she tell me?? I don't know if I should be mad at her for not telling me or mad at myself for not being there for her more and noticing. The worst part about it is Soap new the entire time but he didn't tell me.

"Y/N"-

I looked up at soap as we pulled into the underground garage.

"Don't even." I got out and slammed the door as I stormed off.

I walked past everyone who'm were gathered in the living room and slammed the door to my room. I sat at the edge of the bed just staring at the ground.

"Bloody hell." I stood back up and paced around a few times, Ghost entered the room.

"What are you doing?"

I paused and glared at him.

"What the hell do you mean what am I doing? Soap didn't fucking tell me OUR own mother had cancer, SHE didn't fucking tell me?!"

Ghost sat on the corner of the bed as he watched me pace back in forth.

"Y/N I know it's difficult to process but you need to calm down."

"I can't fucking calm down Simon, god."

I walked past him and grabbed clothes out of my dresser, as I walked past him again he grabbed my arm and pulled me in by the waist. I looked at him and pouted.

"I said calm down."

"How can you just expect me to be calm about this."

"I don't but you need to be before you start punching holes in walls and shit."

"That's you not me."

"Y/N.."

I looked down and fiddled with my fingers as a tear rolled down my face. He tilted my chin up to look at him, he leaned in as we kissed.

"You know I love you." His eyes melted into my heart.

"I love you too."

I put my head on his shoulder as we hugged.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

Those words just hit me like a brick, I started sobbing. He pulled me closer as he scooted back on the bed, he lied down as I lied on his side sobbing into his chest. He patted my head slowly as I let it all out.

After crying for what seemed like hours I gradually fell asleep.

I couldn't be more thankful for Ghost being here for me, even though some days are like we don't even know each other it's more like we're officially connected by heart.

He held me the whole entire night making sure I was sleeping okay, I don't even think he got much sleep himself. Every time I woke up I would peak up at him and those eyes just stared at me ever so softly, I love his eyes so much. I love him so much.

I love you Simon Riley.