Bomb [HEX]

Where did all of you come from- 

Anyways, back with a prompt written hurt/comfort fic cause that seems like the only type of angst I can write. If anyone has an angst prompt, please do share, I want to try it out. 

I enjoyed writing this one, it was an interesting prompt [the one posted above].

So, without further ado, here's some HEX :D

WC: 1955 :0

TW: Blood, explosion, implied trauma, lots of pain, mentions of stress and anxiety, bomb [I can't think of anything else, if anyone has anything to add please tell me. Sorry I forgot to add the warning to this stuff :P]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"XAY, WHERE ARE YOU?" Hels screamed into the smoke. They were playing around with a TNT, trying to figure out how it works, and it went off while Xay went to get some sticks. Hels had gone back to their shared base to grab something and was on his way when the bomb exploded. He struggled to see through the thick smoke, looking for a certain red boy.

"Hels...," Xay muttered, his voice barely heard. Hels picked up the sound and immediately ran up and over the rubble toward the red figure lying in the distance.

"Bad! I found him," Hels shouted behind him as he headed up the hill toward Xay. He kneeled next to his boyfriend, immediately noticing that his face was twisted with pain.

He panicked and looked at his body for a source of pain, and saw that there were a few pieces of shrapnel sticking into Xay's chest plate and through his leggings. Luckily, Xay was far enough away from the bomb and also had armor on so that the wound was something they could fix up. Of course, it was still really painful and looked bad. It was like a bunch of pins that were only stuck halfway into the wall. Except in this case it was a lot worse than that.

"Oh shoot, that's painful. Ok, that's bad, really bad. Xay, I'm going to need you to hang on ok? Breath for me," Hels said, panicked, not sure what to do. Noticing that Xay's breathing was uneven, he tried to get his boyfriend to relax. Xay nodded, his neck stiff. "Okay, breathe in, one, two, three, four, five. And out, one, two, three, four, five."

He got Xay to unstiffen and relax a little, but he knew by the look on his boyfriend's face that the pain was still penetrating him. Hels looked back over his shoulder to see how close Bad was so that he could help Xay. He panicked as he waited, each second feeling like an eternity.

Bad was running over dragging a stretcher behind him. Hels decided it was not the right time to question where he got that. He looked back at Xay and placed his hand on his arm to comfort him.

"It'll be okay, I promise you," He said, doing his best to provide some comfort to his boyfriend.

"H..Hels...," Xay muttered. his eyes fluttered, trying to open, but were squeezed closed with pain.

"Shhh, don't waste your energy, we're going to help you." Hels grabbed his hand and laced his fingers with his boyfriend's.

"Hey," Bad started, then looked at Xay. "Oh damn, that must hurt like hell. Hels, we have to get Xay onto the stretcher, otherwise, I can't properly work on him."

"Ok...," Hels said hesitantly, he didn't want to hurt Xay but knew that this was the only way to help him. "Hey Xay, can you hear me?" he nodded in response, but nothing else. "We're going to move you onto the stretcher ok? I know it's going to hurt, but it has to be done."

He looked over at Bad and nodded, they lifted Xay's legs and started shifting him onto the stretcher in the least painful way possible. Xay yelped in pain as they slowly moved him onto the stretcher. Hels winced as he heard Xay, but he knew that there was only more to come.