The Explosion (Bdubs)

Hi hi! Its been a little bit, and now its 2024. :) This fic was a request by _Lexscallion_ . Sorry for taking so long :P been trying to figure out how to write this fic for a little bit. I hope you don't mind. 

Hermitcraft Season 10! Quite exciting right? Hehe, I love how everyone's base is coming along its so pretty and its always insane to me how they do this kind of thing. 

Theres a part 2 to this, I'm not sure when it will be done, but hopefully it will be soon. 

Thank you for reading! Feel free to drop a comment or two :D. Enjoy!

TW: Explosion, tree falling, fainting (implied), earthquake, trap setting, murderous thoughts, mentions of Last Life, destruction, lots of TNT, and mentions of Boogeyman 

WC: 1398

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bdubs didn't seem out of place at first. Nobody really noticed that his eyes had a red glint to it. It was pretty subtle, and you wouldn't be able to see it unless under certain lighting. Of course, some people might have noticed. But they brushed it off, since Bdubs eyes were dark brown and people could easily see it wrong.

The problem began to seem a bit more evident when Etho met up with him in the Server Hub and Bdubs started to seem more... distant. No, not distant, he still talked a lot, he still was there but he seemed like he was holding back from something. His eyes seemed a bit red at times, but the lighting in the Server Hub was always weird, so Etho assumed it was just the lighting.

Still, Etho had his suspicions and noted it in his mind, just in case something were to happen. Bdubs rambling that day was also off. He seemed a bit more dark, the small comments here and there. Subtly pointing out how deep the fountain was, how sharp the knife was in a kitchen store, and how high some of the buildings were. Maybe Etho was thinking too much of it, but it seemed a tad bit sus to him.

Since Etho took a break for Hermitcraft that season, he waved bye to Bdubs going through the portal and headed towards his own world, not entirely sure about what was going on with Bdubs.

It wasn't only Etho that noticed something weird was going on, Cleo also happened to notice. They assumed that it was just Bdubs being weird though, thinking back on it. Bdubs is never that weird. He's weird sometimes and has much intrusive thoughts as the normal person, but that was a bit much for Bdubs.

Ren, Keralis, and all of his friends couldn't help noticing the change. This was also brought up casually by Grian in one of their conversations.

"Hey, is it just me or is Bdubs acting a bit weird?" Grian asked, looking at Scar and tilting his head in Bdubs direction.

"Yeahh, but you know Grian, that last Last Life series thing. Last Last Life? Yeah, that thing, uhhh. Oh yeah, the intrusive thoughts might just be popping up a little more than usual. You know?" Scar said, pausing in between to figure out how he was meant to phrase it.

"But that was a few weeks ago, wasn't it?" Mumbo asked.

"Yeahhh," Grian said, considering what Scar had said. "I mean, unless it's just Bdubs being Bdubs, there shouldn't be any lasting boogeyman effects as far as I know."

"Well, perhaps it's just Bdubs being Bdubs?" Mumbo said in a questioning tone, not so sure about himself.

"Yeah, maybe," Scar said, shrugging. Grian next to him shrugged as well. Even though they told themself that Bdubs will be fine, they knew in the back of their head that maybe he wasn't going to be fine. But instead of voicing their worries, they just convinced themselves that it was the flashbacks from Last Life.