Dysmorphia [platonic HEX]

Hello again :D 

How are you peoples doing, I'm pretty busy these days. [I have state testing coming up and I don't want to study. :P]

Also, the new life series is out! :D Limited Life! I already watched Etho and Grian's POV and a bit of Scar's. It's an interesting concept and I can't wait to see how this goes. 

Anyways, this was requested by: @luvbwg [thanks for the request, sorry if it's a bit short :P]

Disclaimer: I don't know anything much about this kind of stuff, so if there's anything that you feel is wrong, please let me know and I'll change it.

TW: coming out, dysphoria, stress, mentions of anxiety, pushing too far, mentions of dysmorphia

WC: 751

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And Wels's teacher told this girl that she shouldn't be there because she was a girl, and all her friends jumped on him. Honestly, he deserved it, but he got beat up pretty badly that day. Wels went on that entire day about how his teacher was beaten up and spread it all over the school. That teacher got fired afterward, but the students that beat up the teacher also had a suspension for harming a teacher."

"What's wrong?" Hels asked and he paused in the middle of his story. He noticed that Xay wasn't even listening, and his eyes were watery, tears building up.

"Nothing," he responded, snapping at Hels. That was sudden, Hels thought.

"Obviously not, you're not paying attention at all right now," Hels said, poking Xay's shoulder. Suspicious, he pushes a little further.

"I'm just thinking," he responded, trying to avoid this conversation.

"And you look like you're about to cry."

"Shut up."

"Seriously though, what's wrong?" Hels asked, now getting more concerned. Xay usually doesn't talk like this, he sounds like he's on the brink of spilling out everything that has been building up in him. He should let it out at least, sounds like he's been holding onto this for quite some time.

"I don't want to talk about it," Xay said, his jaws clenching.

"Well too bad, I'm here and now you have to talk about it." Hels pushed a bit more, trying to get Xay to let all out since he always builds up inside.

"Well, I don't want to!" Xay shouted, a tear falling out. Unable to keep it in and not wanting Hels to be there, he turned around and wiped away his tears. He fumed and tried to ignore Hels.

"Hey, I just want to help, okay?" Hels put a hand on Xay's shoulder. Xay huffed and shrugged his hand off.

"Well it won't work, I can't be helped."

"Are you sure?" Hels raised an eyebrow. Xay huffed and slouched his back.

"You won't understand anything that I'm going through, stop acting like a mom," Xay said sarcastically.

"First of all, I'm not a mom or acting like one. Secondly, try me, I'll help you at least," Hels said, ruffling Xay's hair. He grabbed both of Xay's shoulders and turned him around. Xay's eyes were red, his arms crossed. He looked like a child throwing a tantrum. His white hair was ruffled up as well, making him look a bit more messed up than he was before.

"Fine, but I'm only doing this because you've left me with no other choice," Xay said after a considerable amount of thinking.

"Mhhmm, go on then," Hels prompted.

"Well, do you know what gender dysphoria is?" His voice sounded small like he was scared of something.

"Uh, yeah. It's dissatisfaction with something, right?" Hels asked, not sure where this is going.

"Yeah, pretty much. So um, I'm trans," Xay said, nervously gripping the back of his neck. He paused for a moment, giving Hels some time to process it.

"Okay... So you're unhappy with your gender?" Hels tried. Xay gave a little nod, so Hels went on. "So do you want to be a girl then?" Hels asked quizzically. 

"No, not that. You don't get it. I've already transitioned," Xay said, his words coming out fast. He felt a bit stressed, feeling like he was about to be shouted at.

"Oh? Huh, I've never known." Hels tried to process it. His best friend was trans? He didn't know what to make of it. I guess I don't have to make anything of it. I mean, it doesn't affect the way I look at him. He's still Xay.

"Really?" Xay said, not believing it. He thought it was obvious, there was no way that Hels, his friend of 5 years, didn't know that. No way.

"Yeah, I never knew...," he scoffed.

"Oh, okay. Um, so yeah. I was having a bad body dysmorphia day, but you made it a lot better. So, thanks, I guess." Xay looked to the side, his heart still beating frantically. 

Hels smiled, "That wasn't so bad, was it?"

"Yes, it was! I still can't believe you didn't know."

"Well, you learn new things every day. So, how about your dysmorphia then?" Hels asked, getting back to the point.

"I don't really know, it's kinda gone now. But I guess since now you know I don't feel so exposed anymore," Xay said a bit sheepishly, a bit embarrassed from talking about his feelings.

Hels patted Xay's head, and Xay hugged him. Hels was caught off guard but hugged back.

"Thanks," Xay whispered.

"No problem, it's what I'm here for."

"Okay, mom," Xay giggles, pulling back.

"I'm not your mom!"

"You are now!"